By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA4! Will Sony or Microsoft be the winner?

Sony I assume. Sony has created a large fanbase of GTA gamers over the years, so you would say that these gamers own or will own a PS3.

But then again... Devil May Cry 4 showed also different sales figures when you look at NA, in where the 360 version sold better than the PS3 version :=/ Plus the 360 has the benefit of being around a year longer with a larger install-base. So, on one hand, you would say Sony will be the winner without a doubt, but on the other hand it looks like a competition which is wide open for the both of them. Though... I hope Sony will win this GTA battle

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

new offer : buy an xbox 360 get GTAIV for free
and i only see xbox360 with regard too GTAIV

OT : lots of Tv commercials for GT5P

Its going to be interesting but I imagine that if MS bundle the Arcade with a copy of GTA IV they will shift a huge number of consoles.

Price is the deciding factor in a lot of peoples minds. Cash is King and all that.

In the UK it will be

160 GBP for an XBOX 360 GTA 4 experience
300 GBP for a PS3 GTA 4 experience

If the prices stay the same way they are now for the 360 core, than 360 will still win in software, but a price cut on the 360 could boost its hardware sales dramatically, advertising of the extra content could also help, but we all know they wont.......

hufter said:
new offer : buy an xbox 360 get GTAIV for free
and i only see xbox360 with regard too GTAIV

OT : lots of Tv commercials for GT5P

If you're in Europe, you can already get a X360 with GTAIV for the same price as a X360 costs:

http://www.ukdealsbox.com/node/2170

(postage from Amazon is cheap)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I think if there is a victory it will be slim and go to the PS3.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

We'll know soon enough... !

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).