By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTAIV commercials in the US?

Famine said:
Auron said:
I have seen the commercials for GTAIV in the US and there is no mention of the DLC for the 360. My question is, Why doesn't MS advertise the DLC exclusive on the 360?

Microsoft isn't the one making the commercials, Rockstar is, and I really don't expect them to mention DLC for the 360 in their commercials.

That doesn't make sense though, why wouldn't Rockstar advertise the DLC?  They don't care about the console war, both versions cost the same, they they make more money depending on which system the game sells.

Around the Network
Auron said:
Famine said:
Auron said:
I have seen the commercials for GTAIV in the US and there is no mention of the DLC for the 360. My question is, Why doesn't MS advertise the DLC exclusive on the 360?

Microsoft isn't the one making the commercials, Rockstar is, and I really don't expect them to mention DLC for the 360 in their commercials.

That doesn't make sense though, why wouldn't Rockstar advertise the DLC? They don't care about the console war, both versions cost the same, they they make more money depending on which system the game sells.

if micro stays where they are they probably will do for the next GTA the same, money money money

and Rockstar does like money and even if they need too do something extra np money weighs more heavily then the costs

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

MS can advertise the DLC and Sony can advertise free online multi player and lower failure rates of their systems.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

how do you advertise something you don't know what is yet?

And then you'd have to tell them that Arcade version can't really play it since you don't have a hard-drive.

Not to mention you also need to get the Gold-membership in order to play online.

Don't forget that the DLC isn't even out yet, or when the release date is.

Trust me, people are stupid, if they can't see it right away, they get pissed off at just about anything.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

And then you'd have to tell them that Arcade version can't really play it since you don't have a hard-drive.

Not to mention you also need to get the Gold-membership in order to play online.

Trust me, people are stupid, if they can't see it right away, they get pissed off at just about anything.

They could have at least put in fine print *Extra DownLoadContent available exclusively on 360.

Around the Network
Auron said:
kingofwale said:

They could have at least put in fine print *Extra DownLoadContent available exclusively on 360.

Yeah, but people then will go to the store and get pissed because they don't have it.

Trust me, there are customers getting pissed at retailer employees that Movie A's DVD release is later than Movie B, even that Movie B came out on Theater earlier than Movie A.   WTH?

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

i haven't seen those but off topic i finally saw a wii ad again.....sorry this thread made that pop in my head again

so badically they paid 50M$ to advertise a game that will push the Xbox360 AND the PS3 !

THX you MS, next time invest a bit more in gaming : 50M = 2 exclusive games

Time to Work !

libellule said:
so badically they paid 50M$ to advertise a game that will push the Xbox360 AND the PS3 !

Well, it's not as bad as putting away over a billion dollars for repair cost that would otherwise be avoided entirely.

Also, I have a pretty good feeling that a lot of that money went to actually MAKING the game multi in the first place. 

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
libellule said:

Well, it's not as bad as putting away over a billion dollars for repair cost that would otherwise be avoided entirely.

Also, I have a pretty good feeling that a lot of that money went to actually MAKING the game multi in the first place.

And given the PS3's userbase, you must agree that taking that money was the best decision they ever made huh?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS