By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nioh DLC release dates, PvP, new areas etc

Nioh to add high-difficulty missions in late March, PvP in late April; first DLC details

The next free updates are as follows:

Late March – High-difficulty missions added. There are 10 types of missions, including missions with the feel of boss rushes.

Late April – PvP implemented.

The first downloadable content, “Dragon of Tohoku,” will launch in late April and add the following:

New weapon types

New scenarios

New characters

New guardian spirits

New yokai

New stages

The second downloadable content will be called “Japan’s Best Soldier,” and the third, “Peaceful and Tranquil.”

From stream,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDDSK8VdWrk

Around the Network

Nice. I like this game, but is it just me or is this game more difficult than any Souls game? I'm really struggling with this one.

KLXVER said:
Nice. I like this game, but is it just me or is this game more difficult than any Souls game? I'm really struggling with this one.

Personally in finding it easier than Souls,  it's easier to grind and out level areas. 

think-man said:
KLXVER said:

Personally in finding it easier than Souls,  it's easier to grind and out level areas. 

I guess. Maybe Im playing it too much like I play Bloodborne or something. I might be missing something. The bosses are just brutal.

Personally speaking, I think initially it feels harder than the souls games but as you progress I almost want to say it might even be a little easier. I think this is in part due to the ease of "grinding" through sub missions and increasing your stats.

Many of the bosses I have beaten on my 1st or 2nd try and there is no doubt in my mind that it is due to this. I can't say the same for my encounter with the souls games as I vividly remember taking more attempts on their respective bosses.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

Around the Network
thevideogameninja said:

Personall speaking, I think initially it feels harder than the souls games but as you progress I almost want to say it might even be a little easier. I think this is in part due to the ease of "grinding" through sub missions and increasing your stats.

Many of the bosses I have beaten on my 1st or 2nd try and there is no doubt in my mind that it is due to this. I can't say the same for my encounter with the souls games as I vividly remember taking more attempts on their respective bosses.

This basically mirrors my opinion. 

think-man said:
thevideogameninja said:

Personall speaking, I think initially it feels harder than the souls games but as you progress I almost want to say it might even be a little easier. I think this is in part due to the ease of "grinding" through sub missions and increasing your stats.

I had to grind a while before I beat that bat woman and now Im on this electric wolf thing. I might have to grind more.

think-man said:
thevideogameninja said:

I know, lol.

I was trying to respond to you in the comments section under your quote but I think I hit the wrong button, lol. What can I say, I'm a total clutz.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

KLXVER said:
think-man said:

I had to grind a while before I beat that bat woman and now Im on this electric wolf thing. I might have to grind more.

That first one is ones of the hardest bosses I have ever faced, however I did not use Living weapon or any ki maneuvers really. After I figured the game out a bit, it became much easier then any launch Souls game.