By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Switch Already Delivered.

Captain_Yuri said:
I wonder how big the day 1 patch will be

Smaller than 26 GB.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Volterra_90 said:

MyNintendo is already out. You have weekly/daily missions which you can do to get some coins. Those coins can be spent on deals like discounts, themes or whatever. I know it's not an standard achievement system, but I find it more engaging and useful. I think it could be used in games like Zelda: BOTW in this way:

1. Beat the first shrine: 30 coins

2. Kill 50 foes: 50 coins

Something similar to this. So the more you play, the more deals you can get. I think it'd be pretty cool. Not sure how it would work with third party games though .

ah, I meant for the Switch. Is it confirmed to work with Switch at launch yet? And weekly/daily missions... well I would say it's better than nothing but since I typically pick up games pretty late they'll likely have ceased by then so... it's not actually better than nothing

It's not confirmed, but it wasn't also denied, I think? Maybe I miss some news about that. 

Daily/weekly missions make sense with those smartphone games. I think that with games like BOTW they should be permanent, since you don't make money for keeping people glued every day. They've already bought the game, so I wouldn't really see the point on it. But, well, we won't know on the short term because Nintendo refuses to let us know anything about the machine XD. 

Glad to see the OS being nowhere near as sluggish as the Wii U.

I hope to see more options and whatnot soon.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Soundwave said:
It looks a lot like a Nvidia device or something Nvidia would make, or even Microsoft to be honest, in terms of styling and menus.

It looks like the OS is rushed. If that's the case, Nvidia could made some version for testing purposes which was used as a basis UI. It would make a lot of sense if it were true.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Aha, a gaf guy.

Black theme confirmed, first good news.

Around the Network

Where's the News and Weather channels?

Pre-order cancelled.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Where's the News and Weather channels?

Pre-order cancelled.

On the smartphone :3

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Yup. Jelly.

Yerm said:
Let me just go through and point out some of the big points showed in the video:

- The console is very fast. It can jump between menus in less than a second and setting up the console was about as fast as it could get. Thats always nice, and the Wii U was rather slow, so its a step in the right direction.

-There is no pre-downloaded software AT ALL. not even like the free apps on the 3DS, its just a blank slate. It even tells you to either download a game or insert a game card, so yeah, they have ditched all the crap with the Switch. Its just meant for gaming and nothing else, also nice.

-All the manuals seem to be digital. They will probably only be available digitally. Not really a good or bad thing, just a note worthy detail.

thats really it. the Switch really does seem like a console made to play games. there is no focus on any gimmicks or anything. just turn it on and have fun with it. its actually really refreshing to see for yourself

We can also add to your list that it doesn't seem to have a Web Browser.

Volterra_90 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
ugh, no achievements confirmed. Not only that but it doesn't have the activity log either, thought that was a nice feature for 3DS/Wii U. 1 step forward, 2 steps backward it would seem

I think it's still soon to tell, there isn't even an available right now. I think we could probably get a achievement system build into MyNintendo, similar to Ninty's smartphone games, with proper rewards. At least they'd be useful in some way XD. I honestly never care about them though.

I think you can check with the "parents app" how long you have played every game. There should be some statistics available.

But it's a shame that you have to use your mobile phone additionally (same goes for the voice chat...).