By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many of you hardcore 360 owners want to add a PS3 to your collection?

To all Sony non-users/ haters
do any of you watch movies. If you all own all of these consoles, don't you have a tv worthy of playing them on.
High definition tv is so great. As I am sure you people know.
A PLAY ... station will actually play your movies better than anything else you own on an amazing looking television.

If you own a PS3, why wouldn't you use it for the movie playback.. not to mention the blu-ray. This I just do not understand.

Please for the sake of sanity.. Use the PS3 if you own one.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

i wont be because i love my ps2 and there is nothing that i like on ps3 that i cant get on my 360

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

got both love em both

whiners are fanboys

get both or stfu

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

ultraslick said:
do any of you watch movies. If you all own all of these consoles, don't you have a tv worthy of playing them on.
A PLAY ... station will actually play your movies better than anything else you own on an amazing looking television.

If you own a PS3, why wouldn't you use it for the movie playback.. not to mention the blu-ray. This I just do not understand.

I own a PS3 and for the life of me would love to use it a lot more but have no desire to right now. I would be crying right now if I would have paid $499 plus for it. It's a decent HD movie player - though the masses don't agree with me, but HD DVD offers way more features than Blu Ray - but knowing my HD DVD players offer more than just movie viewing sours it. As far as games, I have tried to get into them - RFOM, Motorstorm, Uncharted - and they are cool, but before I bought one, folks were hyping this along the lines of the second coming of Christ. I expected it to really give me just one reason to drop my 360 controller. Not only did the PS3 fail to do it, but I have even played my Wii much, much more than I've played my PS3.

Seriously, unless there's a game for the PS3 that screams 'I'm one of the reasons to own a PS3,' it will continue to be a shiny black dust magnet. Sadly, for me and quite a few others, the PS3 is just an investment of sorts - we're hoping one day soon we'll have more than just a handful of reasons to fire it up once in a while.

An HD movie player it is. A good video game console it is. The sequel to the PS2? Not so much.

Knowing what I know now, I would have picked up a PS3 on the cheap at a pawn shop for about $200 much, much later because my money could have been better used these past 3 months. 

Less people want a PS3 than I expected. Well.. That's that.

Around the Network

ultraslick said:
To all NON GAMERS

Fixed.. Now I hope you'll understand

Xbox 360 - "home of the gamers"

You should join us!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

ultraslick said:

I actually LOVE movies, but the movies I love are usually smaller indepndent movies that really don't benefit much from Blu-Ray.  The reason I don't use the PS3 that uch for movies is that, because it's not plugged into the TV to be played on, it's a pain to plug it in to watch movies.  I can't leave both the PS3 and the 360 plugged in at the same time because I don't have enough inputs in addition to my other stuff.  There has to be a compelling reason for me to hassle with it, and my 360 is more often the one that stays plugged in.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I plan on buying a new XBox first for the HDMI.... then I'll probaly get a Wii but not sure yet... I don't have that many friends to play with anymore where I'm at... and I liked the Wii for that... playing with friends in the living room while chilling or cooking out.....

and I might actually buy a PS3 for the blu-ray player..... but it's more likely I get one on my next computer other than that.... if it's not as a BRD player then probably never... like a lot of people already said not enough appealing games for me to buy one.... and I have my HD movie dose through XBL or on my computer linked to my HT system... and if netflix really teams up with MS on that it pushes even further the chance of buying one...

ultraslick said:

WHAT??? what did you smoke before posting ???? a PS 3 is certainly not the best thing to play blu ray on... that's a gamer talking about HD without knowing anything about it.... I don't know everything about HD... but I know that much.... a PS 3 will never equal the quality of a Samsung 1400 for HD or some other (don't want to start a list) or a Denon 3910 for SD movie.....

and you can even find some for cheaper than a PS 3....

@coca-cola

that's because you never saw any running on a good system with the right setting... in stores like bestbuy the settings are totally hectic.... most people at home don't do any calibration on their monitors or even speaker set.... but if all is done correctly with the right material... the difference is almost as big as when we went from B&W to technicolor...... a lot of HD material out there is of poor quality... having the capacity to display in 1080p doesn't make a quality product..... it's like having a powerful car.. with a frame that can't handle the torque and not the right tires... it doesn't perform well....then you have to have the player that goes well with your material.. making a home theatre setting is like building a computer... you have to chose carefully all component (even the cables) to be sure everything works well together and nothing is taking down the overall performance... and also chose what suits your taste the best.... every setting is different  

ultraslick said:

Perhaps they don't want to use 10x the necessary power and generate 10x the needed heat while watching a movie.