By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V - Check Out Those Legs!

I predict we won't ever see this kind of success again. Not even the next GTA will suprass it.

Around the Network

This was a real standout performance in video game sales ... Rockstar must have done so many things right, more so than I originally appreciated. Porting the game to so many platforms, a good advertising campaign, just wow.

I liked it, so can't really say it's not well deserved...but I didn't like it anywhere near as much as Sleeping Dogs which sold really bad compared to it.

That's what happens when they make the greatest video game of all time.

So when it outsells Wii Sports, that should put it as the single, best selling retail game of all time?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

well I have bought like 3 or 4 versions of the game lol

So well deserved, with the amount of time and effort they put into the game to begin with it really shows you why people are still buying GTAV today and shit like Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs and Sandbox Dog Simulator Auto 4 are all just dead and buried now compared to it.

I mean you look at GTAV and they dropped over a quarter of a billion dollars on the development of that game, and Jesus did it pay off or what? I mean sure they saved when it came to Watchdogs costing them under 70m but at the end of the day, it's really clear that what rockstar invested in was a product which they could sell for years. Great work really, just amazing, and I'm always blown away by how beautiful the game still manages to look on the 2005 hardware inside the X360, just gets every ounce of power out of that system.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Even more astounding than the sales is the extended monetization this game provided for Rockstar. GTA Online is a microtransaction heaven. Only problem I see here is this focus on multiplayer has led to leaving story-based DLCs as something they problably will never happen for GTA V, even that world having great storytelling potential left.

If this game were a a Simpsons character, it would be Frink's father. In marauding ghoul mode. Yeah. I went there. The Simpsons

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I don't know if GTAV being #1 is a testament to its success or to the lack of big hits out there.