By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve's gonna make 3 games for VR. Plus Gaben is Nintendo fan confirmed (lol)

Valve founder Gabe Newell confirmed to Eurogamer during a media roundtable at the studio's Bellevue, Washington office that Valve's currently making 3 games specially made for VR, and the games are confirmed to use both Source 2 and Unity engine. Plus he also said "full" games. not an experiment or a tech demo (HL3 pls ).

"When I say we're building three games, we're building three full games, not experiments,"

What makes this funny is Gaben keep crediting Nintendo as their source when developing games and even mentioning Miyamoto.

"This is something that Miyamoto has always had. He's had the ability to think about what the input device is and design a system while he designs games. Our sense is that this will actually allow us to build much better entertainment experiences for people."

And he also admit he was completely wrong about the potential of Nintendo's hardware, twice. named DS and Wii.

"You can always be surprised, right? Personally, I thought the DS was kind of stupid," Newell recalled of his initial impressions. "It was totally wrong. I thought Sony was going to crush Nintendo in that generation of handheld devices. I hadn't worked on it. I hadn't tried to design any games for it. And clearly the DS ended up being the winner.

"The flipside was the first time I played Wii Sports (to continue to use Nintendo as an example) I was like 'Oh my god! There's so much opportunity! There's so much potential here that we're all going to go discover!' Then it turned out that Wii Sports had pretty much nailed it and that was it."

Here is the link to full article http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-10-valve-is-making-three-fully-fledged-vr-games

Thoughts?

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Around the Network

this seems like it would qualify for "joke thread of the century" but it is a reliable source, so it does pass.

all I'm gonna say is, dont hope for HL3. just keep an open mind, i mean youre lucky Valve wants to make games at all any more

Valve cant count to 3

RolStoppable said:
I don't like him.

STOP FAT SHAMING!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
I don't like him.

Just give him time. The fact that he even mention "3" is a big step up

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

STOP FAT SHAMING!

His IQ is as high as his weight is in kg.

Now figure out if that is a compliment or an insult.

STOP IQ SHAMING!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Everybody is a Nintendo fan.

3 games?

Since when did Valve get to 3?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Counter Strike source 2(not 3) confirmed for vr:)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Praises Nintendo -> if the games are ever made and if they're ported to consoles they'll be ported to Playstation or Xbox.