By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the PS4 the best of both worlds now? (PC & Consoles)

Nah xbox is the best box

Around the Network

Nope, I can't even do 1/4th the things on a PS4 that I could on a PC, I don't just playing fucking video games all day lol. If you are buying a PC just for gaming then you are doing it wrong to start with since it's supposed to also be a workstation.

edit: make that 1/10th actually now that I think about it.

I think PS4P will be 350$ before end of this year. With the boost mode and external HDD support definitely makes it attractive considering their lineup of games

For me ps4 is the best by now , why ? I work 12 h a day 1 day off . I just want to enjoy gaming that little time I have without worrying by nothing.. I did game on pc for many years so I know very well how things are

As someone that games primarily on PC, I don't understand all these complaints about how difficult gaming on a PC is. It really is not difficult at all. Once you have a PC with Windows installed and have installed a Graphics card these are the steps.

1) Download drivers for your GPU.
This is easy just go to Nvidia or AMD website and download.
2) Download and install steam.
3) From within steam. Buy or download free game.
4) Play game.
Most modern games auto-detect and set graphics settings for you based on GPU so you usually don't have to Mess around with it.

Instructions for Console provided you have a Console already.
1) Go to physical or virtual store and buy game.
2) Install game
3) Play game.

That's it, PC adds 1 more step, getting drivers. It is not that hard. If you want you can tweak drivers and graphics settings but you don't have to. The games just work, just like on Console. Honestly the only time you are likely to have issues would be if you try to play really old games. Yeah, some games have bugs and crash, but that happens on Console too. It is just a matter of waiting for game patches to come through, or if you can't wait for a patch you can search for a fix and can often times fine one.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
lmao better than pc? not by a long shot

KLAMarine said:

PC is better: I can use whatever controller I want, for starters. Free online. Ability to install mods.

That and I use my computer for A LOT of things.

its not about what you think is better, its about what has the best features of both

KLAMarine said:
Would love Nintendo games on PC.

Get a Wii U

nanarchy said:
This is not even a close comparison, hell as others have said the Xbox is closer than the PS4 is due to more flexibility in the OS. The PS4 is the best console but that is really where it starts and ends for the PS4 and even then it is personal preference.

What more flexability in the OS? There are many more features on PS4 like the ability to zoom in whenever you want. With the upcoming update the PS4 will support background pictures and external hardrive, plus you can still switch the internal hardrive.

dahuman said:

Nope, I can't even do 1/4th the things on a PS4 that I could on a PC, I don't just playing fucking video games all day lol. If you are buying a PC just for gaming then you are doing it wrong to start with since it's supposed to also be a workstation.

This was never about anything other than gaming, and if you allready have a PC like 99% of users here you allready have a workstation

vivster said:
Ruler said:

it has some of the best features PC has to offer

Name them. There are only 2 best features PC has to offer that directly pertain to gaming.

1. The ability to freely choose your hardware and in that regard the ability to choose the perfromance and visual quality a game can run at.

1b. The ability to change visual aspects of a game to change the look and performance on the same hardware.

2. The ability to freely choose your prefered peripheral.

The PS4 isn't even close to any of those despite 1b. and 2. being very easy to implement. Which means PS4 is rather actively omitting PC features to make the experience worse.

1.  PS4 pro or PS4

1b. PS4 Pro allows you to have better visuals and performance with Boost Mode and other PS4 Pro modes

2. There are various adapters and different controllers for PS4 like from Hori

Hm, let's see what we have on PC as of now:

-upgradeability
-mods and community patches
-surround (3+ monitor) gaming
-4k gaming
-most variety in genres
-free online
-cheaper games
-option between kb/m and controller
-best VR hardware
-backward compatibility going at least some 15 years in the past
-emulators

I've been on PC since '95 (C64 and Amiga before that)...I can see lot of great things with consoles, owned quite a few, but honestly, computer was, is and probably always will be my no.1 choice.

Bought a PS4 pro a month ago. Wasn't impressed. Took it back to Best Buy and got my money back. Don't think Scorpio will be any better either. So the answer is NO.

Ruler said:
nanarchy said:
This is not even a close comparison, hell as others have said the Xbox is closer than the PS4 is due to more flexibility in the OS. The PS4 is the best console but that is really where it starts and ends for the PS4 and even then it is personal preference.

What more flexability in the OS? There are many more features on PS4 like the ability to zoom in whenever you want. With the upcoming update the PS4 will support background pictures and external hardrive, plus you can still switch the internal hardrive.

dahuman said:

This was never about anything other than gaming, and if you allready have a PC like 99% of users here you allready have a workstation

vivster said:

Name them. There are only 2 best features PC has to offer that directly pertain to gaming.

1. The ability to freely choose your hardware and in that regard the ability to choose the perfromance and visual quality a game can run at.

1b. The ability to change visual aspects of a game to change the look and performance on the same hardware.

2. The ability to freely choose your prefered peripheral.

The PS4 isn't even close to any of those despite 1b. and 2. being very easy to implement. Which means PS4 is rather actively omitting PC features to make the experience worse.

1.  PS4 pro or PS4

1b. PS4 Pro allows you to have better visuals and performance with Boost Mode and other PS4 Pro modes

2. There are various adapters and different controllers for PS4 like from Hori

1. pitiful amount of choice (a toaster and a toaster with 3 slots)

1b. pitiful amount of choice (1080p @ shitty fps and 1080p upscaled at shitty fps)

2. pitiful amount of choice (shitty controler and shittier 3rd party controller, no mouse or keyboard)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.