By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.4.0

CGI-Quality said:
That's the point, though. If a multiplatform PC title is already close, then an exclusive title can already stand toe-to-toe with it.

There is very little difference at the end of the day when you do side by side of PC on ultra settings to what current gen handles. That isn't to say that PC can do tons more, it's that those games are tailroed to what the consoles can handle, with PC getting what is left, rather than more being added.

Again I don't look at multiplat titles as "PC" games, I look at them as what they are stated as, multiplat games, games that are designed to run on both consoles and PC's, not just only exclusive to PC, thus I find the idea of treating a multiplat as a PC game to being silly and defeating the point of even wanting to look at PC centric games.

Also if an exclusive title from console can stand toe to toe with a PC multiplat, then that doesn't really say much about what PC can do, if anything it makes it look weaker.

Anyway, BF1 in all it's gorgeous beauty. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Well then we have two different definitions of what constitutes as a "game for a platform". I look at anything running on the platform as a game on that platform. Right now, exclusive and non exclusive, there are games running on the PC platform that aren't far behind the Adam demo.

Star Citizen looks good, Battlefront, in my eyes, looks better. We aren't many years behind what I've shown above. And, in here, we're posting screenshots of things running on PC. Not just exclusives.

Yeah we do, but one is already defined and the other is twisted to make it sound like it's exclusive, when in reality it's really not.

I look at Star Wars battlefront, which is definitely a multiplat game, it was designed to run on current gen systems and PC, not just for PC, not entirely with PC only in mind. The side by side differences from it's release were not massive night and day differences, only with the real life mod, could you actually notice *some* differences, but nothing major that sets it leagues above the console version.

What games are running that look just like ADAM?, because using multiplat titles is defeating the point and choosing incomplete tech demos and engines becomes another.

SC is the only PC exclusive I know atm that is going the extra mile for what PC gaming can do with a dedicated team, not as a multiplat title that is being scaled down to what consoles can handle. The other games that are multiplat have to adhere to what consoles can handle, without making the differences on PC and console look like PS2 meets PS4P (because that would be bad business if a multiplat dev went well out of their way like that).

Yeah, we're posting games that run on a PC, but also run on a console, that don't look many leagues ahead.

You talk about good visuals, but all I see are alright visuals, but visuals that current gen can handle, not what bigger and better hardware can, and that's honestly what I really want to see a ton more of in the future. I want to see what better graphics cards can output, not what can be done on a small spec box, that then tells tells the other systems what they are allowed to do afterwards.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

My favorite game of all time

CGI-Quality said:
petrson said:
The battlefront mod is insane, the landscapes are really good!!!

The landscapes have no mods, actually. That's very much how they look. Most screens you see of it, though, aren't running it fully maxed out.

You are running the game maxed out? 4K ultra yeah? what GPU? 1080 or?

Speech is silver but silence is Gold

CGI-Quality said:
petrson said:

You are running the game maxed out? 4K ultra yeah? what GPU? 1080 or?

Titan X Pascal. Waiting patiently on the Titan for Volta!

That's awesome... your setup is a beast... you've got Dying Light? how does it look maxed out? I played it a while back but wasn't maxed out but the potential to be a beautiful game was there.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
petrson said:

That's awesome... your setup is a beast... you've got Dying Light? how does it look maxed out? I played it a while back but wasn't maxed out but the potential to be a beautiful game was there.

I do, but it's been a while since I've played it. I plan to post some 4K stuff on it some time soon, though.

Cool, off topic though... is there no mobile version for Vgchartz? couldn't find it on Tapatalk or something... usually a bit stressful viewing this site on a mobile device and I am talking a 5.5" phone but still stressful.

I think graphics wise in gaming, we are much more closer to James Cameron's Avatar in terms of quality, in a few years, I think the level of detail in games will be really insane and I mean real time not some CGI cutscene.

CGI-Quality said:

Nothing has been twisted, but for now, let's stick to the screenshots. 

It has, when we go from multiplat and calling multiplat something specific instead, that can then also be played on another system.

The screens are already lagging the page as is. You posted a ton more Adam shots than what was already needed. I even posted some vids rather than taking a ton of shots to save on space, or only posting 1-2 shots as well.

Warframe

:)

CGI-Quality said:

@ The bold and underlined: This has been discussed with other mods, Chazore. As nice as I can put it, the discussion is over. If you want to talk about things that have nothing to do with posting PC screenshots and the like, I have no problem engaging it in PMs. But we're not continuing it in here.

Also, if something is lagging the pages, that can be fixed. So, we'll take care of that. 

Oh it has has it?, I've been talking to another mod beforehand, si I think I know the one in mind. You always call for a discussion to be over when it doesn't go your way or you not liking it.

The thread is about PC projects and games, not games that are multiplat titles. Also we enaged in PM's last time, you told me that was "over as well", you're basically insulting me at this point, asking me to take it to a PM, but I know full well that you'd repeat the same process with me oevr again and tell me that it's "over". 

You can talk to the mods about our "differences" in what is and isn't multiplat, but you put the priority of sticking to what you stated in the OP as not high on the list?. You knew before you posted about this ADAM shots, the first few ADAM pics were fine, we've all seen the tech demo clip, or it could have even been linked, but we didn't need a ton more.

I could just end up amking a thread for PC specific titles instead, like actual games designed for PC instead, rather than the muddle and blurring line that we're getting here. 

Moderated ~ CGI