By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma has confirmed that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will have no Loading Screens in the Overworld!

Tagged games:

Ljink96 said:
So I expect that going into houses won't require loading times either, that's great. I kind of hoped it would be like that after seeing the woodcutter's house in the demo. I know Nintendo's hiding so much from us, can't wait to see what this game has to offer!

Not going to happen. We already know that for entering a shrine there's a loading screen (with tips, and the loading bar is the Zelda BotW logo). It's likely going to be the same with houses.

Peh said:
I hate Nintendo when they say that they coudn't do certain stuff because of limited hardware power. Nintendo, why are you limiting yourself then?

Indeed.

BTW, it seems like there's autosaving in the game but someone around the web mentioned that there's a slot for manual saving. Have we seeing the save screen/option on the footage? Oh, amd we have not seen pieces of heart.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Ljink96 said:
So I expect that going into houses won't require loading times either, that's great. I kind of hoped it would be like that after seeing the woodcutter's house in the demo. I know Nintendo's hiding so much from us, can't wait to see what this game has to offer!

Not going to happen. We already know that for entering a shrine there's a loading screen (with tips, and the loading bar is the Zelda BotW logo). It's likely going to be the same with houses.

Yes, but shrines are entirely different maps. Houses can easily be loaded based off x,y, and z location proximity to a building. It's just more geometry to load and more textures but other geometry and textures can be set aside for this. It'd be kind of weird to load shrine map data in the overworld and have link teleport to that area, those are most likely separate maps that have to be loaded.

Ljink96 said:
Pavolink said:

Yes, but shrines are entirely different maps. Houses can easily be loaded based off x,y, and z location proximity to a building. It's just more geometry to load and more textures but other geometry and textures can be set aside for this. It'd be kind of weird to load shrine map data in the overworld and have link teleport to that area, those are most likely separate maps that have to be loaded.

I won't hold my wild breath, but I'll like that.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile