By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Terrorist Attack on Quebec City Canada (Edit) Local Police has mention the Suspect

vivster said:
UnderstatedCornHole said:

Yes.

Sunni Muslims and Shia Muslims do not live in the same areas. The strife between the two offshoots is documented heavily.

As a very recent example, when liberating Mosul in Iraq which is a Sunni Muslim population, militia that was of Shia origin was originally forbidden from entering battle to liberate due to alleigences.

When a government needs to take these kind of steps, it's enough proof for me of the continued strife.

The Muslims that die in majority Muslim countries are dying because of division between different offshoots of Islam. This is common knowledge I thought?

Islamic State are pushing basically an even more conservative version of the Sunni line.

The Taliban, again conservative Islam. They aren't terrorists to most Muslims.

Saudi/Wahabis just another conservative strain of Islam,

Iran and Saudis are fighting it out because of their interpretation of Islam over Yemen. The Rebels and the government there....Shia vs Sunnis.

Saudis side with Sunnis because it's more conservative.

And where is the racism again? Those are religious disputes.

"religious disputes"?

This is religious hate between two religious groups that is fueling wars.

There's no dispute other than one person beliving in something the other doesn't. I think that's allowed to be called "racism" these days with the loose interpretation that the word is given in the west.

Around the Network
Peh said:
UnderstatedCornHole said:

Yes.

Sunni Muslims and Shia Muslims do not live in the same areas. The strife between the two offshoots is documented heavily.

As a very recent example, when liberating Mosul in Iraq which is a Sunni Muslim population, militia that was of Shia origin was originally forbidden from entering battle to liberate due to alleigences.

When a government needs to take these kind of steps, it's enough proof for me of the continued strife.

The Muslims that die in majority Muslim countries are dying because of division between different offshoots of Islam. This is common knowledge I thought?

Islamic State are pushing basically an even more conservative version of the Sunni line.

The Taliban, again conservative Islam. They aren't terrorists to most Muslims.

Saudi/Wahabis just another conservative strain of Islam,

Iran and Saudis are fighting it out because of their interpretation of Islam over Yemen. The Rebels and the government there....Shia vs Sunnis.

Saudis side with Sunnis because it's more conservative.

Uhm, you didn't answered my question.

Definition of racism:

[mass noun] Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior

As Vivster already said, "Those are religious disputes".

Religion/belief is not a race.

That Sunnis and Shia's are killing eachother off is nothing new, but that wasn't the question.

You claimed that most Muslims are racists. But I suppose the better word would be intolerant.

Yes the better word would be intolerant. I am wrong to use racism, as per my own niggles with calling others out on that.

Regardless the end point is the same. Prejudice against others for their beliefs, and background.

Anyways I'll withdraw from this particular line of discussion as I'm derailing the thread and not being helpful at all pushing my views as they aren't really related.

The shooters are detained but no information about them for hours...?

Edit: attackers allegedly shouted snackbar? Already making the case for extrem vetting.

Edit2: fake news Daily Beast misreported "white supremacist" based on a parody twitter account

https://archive.fo/517VQ

Rogerioandrade said:
People all around social media are just talking about the religion of the victims....
But I do wonder what was the real reason behind that attack.... Were the killers muslims too?

Apparently yes. It has been given as a reason for the media blackout on the identities of the perpetrators.

Some reports say both had arab accents, and one killer has been sort of confirmed as a Moroccan already.

But it's too early yet, let's wait and see.

As long as we have religion, we will never live in a perfect world

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Rogerioandrade said:
People all around social media are just talking about the religion of the victims....
But I do wonder what was the real reason behind that attack.... Were the killers muslims too?

Apparently yes. It has been given as a reason for the media blackout on the identities of the perpetrators.

Some reports say both had arab accents, and one killer has been sort of confirmed as a Moroccan already.

But it's too early yet, let's wait and see.

The giveaway that it was carried out by Muslims is that the media did not report initially or jump to any conclusions on the ethnicity of the perps.

Were they white guys with names like Hank of Marvin it would haver been in the headlines.

Just like they covered up the recent facebook livestreamed gang-rape by afghan refugees in Sweden.

The media will do a drip drip approach with this and be more specific about them being Muslims once the initial buzz has calmed down and the story can plausibly not be placed as the headline on a given news outlet.

The BBC has already done this by not giving it headline status over the recent Trump stuff which has been the headline for the past 48 hours. Were this carried out by white people it would have taken the headline, so we already know the facts.

JRPGfan said:
For once the muslims where the victims... wasnt expecting that, ususally isnt.
This isnt a good thing though, messed up world we live in, that people dont respect other peoples lives at all.

Muslims have been victims of attacks for decades, ISIS alone have launched a tonne of attacks against muslims last year alone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170500/Five-dead-GUNMEN-open-fire-Mosque-Quebec-City.html

The only mainstream outlet reporting some details currently I could find.
It's a right leaning outlet, as is always the case when you need the truth on these matters.

Police have arrested two students – one 'of Moroccan origin' - over the murder of six people shot dead in the Quebec City mosque carnage a day after Canada's Prime Minister condemned Donald Trump's immigration ban.

Gunmen opened fire on worshippers as they prayed at Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center at around 8pm last night in an attack branded 'cowardly' and 'barbaric'.

Witnesses claimed the masked killers shouted 'Allahu Akbar' in what sounded like a Quebecois accent as they went on the rampage, killing six and leaving eight injured.

Police have arrested two people with one said to be 'of Moroccan origin' and both understood to be students from Quebec's Université Laval.

The shooting unfolded after a weekend which has seen US President Donald Trump's divisive and controversial 'Muslim immigration ban' spark widespread protests across America. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had said that his country remains open to all immigration, insisting 'diversity is our strength'.

One attack suspect was detained at the mosque and the other was caught after a chase that ended near l'île d'Orléans around 15 miles from the scene. There are reports this morning that one suspect called emergency services to 'confess to his crime' because he 'felt bad' about the atrocity and wanted to shoot himself.

According to Le Soleil, the 27-year-old's Mitsubishi was pursued towards Félix-Leclerc highway before he stopped the vehicle himself. He is said to have had at least one handgun and two weapons 'that resembled AK-47s' on his back seat. The same website says searches have since taken place at two addresses in the city.

Is this true? Are these the shooters?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3a2uB-UoAA0BBg?format=jpg&name=large

Omg....

I knew one of the killers.