By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Some things about Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Tagged games:

Worst Uncharted game?

Drakes Fortune 13 100.00%

Total:13
celador said:
Uncharted 3 was the annoying, over-hyped game, not Drake's Fortune

No, not annoying, just too short.

Around the Network

- tilt grenades with sixaxis

This is fixed in the remaster for PS4 btw.

Wright said:
celador said:
Uncharted 3 was the annoying, over-hyped game, not Drake's Fortune

Came here to say something similar to this. Uncharted 1 has plenty of flaws, but it is an absolutely enjoyable game and my second favourite game of the Uncharted franchise. Uncharted 3, on the other hand, got like a free pass for a myriad of problems like a terrible gunplay that had to be patched later, the most inconsistent tone and plot holes in any Uncharted game and some weak filler episodes that go nowhere.

Oh my god, I love you both! I couldn't agree more.

oh mah werd when Uncharted first came out. Off the top of my head I can't remember a game that made me gasp at the graphics as much as this did. "HE STAYS WET WHEN YOU GET OUT OF THE WATER OMG!!" Loved that game so much...unfortunately hasn't aged well but I haven't played the remaster yet.

I disliked the first Uncharted that I was not excited at all about the sequel. Yet, when I finally gave it a chance I love all the sequels. Not sure many series I feel that way about.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Wright said:

Came here to say something similar to this. Uncharted 1 has plenty of flaws, but it is an absolutely enjoyable game and my second favourite game of the Uncharted franchise. Uncharted 3, on the other hand, got like a free pass for a myriad of problems like a terrible gunplay that had to be patched later, the most inconsistent tone and plot holes in any Uncharted game and some weak filler episodes that go nowhere.

Oh my god, I love you both! I couldn't agree more.

I definitely agree that some of the games in the series have got a "free pass" when it comes to some of their content/mechanics. The general hype around the franchise is big enough that people forgive so many of it's shortcomings. Having said that, I still -love- the franchise overall, but I think that it's important for people to recognise things like this too, thanks for voicing that :)

The first game is actually my 2nd favourite in the series because of the constant shootouts. It is by far the most shootout-heavy game in the series. They're generic, and don't do much original, but by god, I love shooting in Uncharted. I think they become more fun on harder difficulties because every death, you learn more and more about the enemy's patterns and how they spawn, so you got strategize how to do each shootout differently so you can kill everybody, and I love it. Objectively, I'd say it's the weakest entry (besides Golden Abyss), but subjectively, I love the first game.

Also, why bother pointing out that enemies have unlimited ammo? 99% of games have that. It would make no sense for them to not have unlimited, because you could just hide behind cover until they run out of ammo and then go to town. That's boring. Only games I could think of that happening in is a realistic styled one, like Operation Flashpoint or Arma.

Man, for someone to complain that UC:DF is hard on normal difficulty kinda shows how much hand holding there is in shooting combat these days.

I hadn't ever played a cover based 3rd person shooter in my life (so I had no frame of reference to praise or complain). But I found the combat mechanics of the game to be very accessible when I first played the game in 2008. And I managed to play through on normal without dying a frustrating amount of time. It was bloody difficult to get through the game on ultra-hard, but I managed it.

I haven't played the game since 2009, so I may have really thick nostalgia goggles on, but I loved the game and it is the game I think of most fondly in the Uncharted series. UC2 is over all the best game in the series, but UC;DF was a great kick off.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Alkibiádēs said:
Mr.Joker said:
the first time i played it was in crushing difficult,anyway this game in 2007 was very good and it's was the first realistic game from naughty dog

If it was good in 2007 it should still be good now. Super Mario Galaxy came out in 2007 and is still a very good game.

Saying "it was good for its time" sounds like a cover-up to me for "it was over-rated, like so many other last-gen games". 

Exactly. Mario64 is from 1996 and the only detail that has aged in that game are it's graphics nothing else and the game play is fun as ever.

Boutros said:
Alkibiádēs said:

If it was good in 2007 it should still be good now. Super Mario Galaxy came out in 2007 and is still a very good game.

Saying "it was good for its time" sounds like a cover-up to me for "it was over-rated, like so many other last-gen games". 

CRT TVs were very good for their time.

And they still are, sure they're not hd but you can still watch films and play games on them today which is what they were made for also they are 100% input lag free which is what HDTV's can only dream to achieve without sacrificing visual quality.