By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 77 - Low-Power?? Hate the Mod!!

theprof00 said:
theprof00 said:
MMy guess for the scum team is padib, clyde, blade.
Like noctis said, I'm not seeing any scum reads atm.
This leads me to believe it's people laying low, which yes hypocritical ly includes me, but whatever, I know I'm town.
I'm also ok with spurge lynch.
vote : blade
Vote: padib

hatmoza said:
My stance on a no lynch kind of stands but it has been shaken. I'll be completely honest... I am opening up to the idea ONLY to a Bladesymphony lynch because not only does the data strongly suggest he's scum. But he was a strong suspect to me and prof (and I think another player) before I even put up the data. He's a cross between two types of suspicions and he's an active lurker. Furthermore, we can slightly confirm prof as town if Blade flips scum. Along with other connections we can make.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I regret blowing my 3 votes in light of this data. I honestly did not foresee so much info pouring in day 1 because of the slow activity initially.

"Suspects based purely on data:
Padib and spurge because they both did not interact with 6 players! AND they never interacted with each other.
Clyde because he only engaged with 6 players. AND ONLY 3 people interacted with him.
Blade because he only engaged with 5 players. AND ONLY 3 people interacted with him."

Just putting this out there Mr. "higher standards"

Oh, and btw being dismissive isn't my mafia tell, it's (one of) my town tell.

The only reason I'll give in is because a lot of time has passed and your style may have change. AND because you pretty much reached the same conclusions as I did before my number crunching.

We may have different strategies but I understand why we are always seen as being similar players.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

^AND you dismissed SWORD and Darwin as newb towns as I feel as well.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Let's wait for Trucks to say his 2 cents. I hate to say this Trucks but your a lurker... the same category as the garbage players :p how have you allowed this to happen?

Everyone should consider getting the lynch on Padib started. The evidence of lurking and his scummy reaction is all above. Go read and decide if you want him lynched or not.

Final notes before I go to bed.

I have a strong town read on Final-Fan. As for Stefl, other than my initial suspicions his votes don't sit well with our primary suspects. He did not vote Padib which is note worthy if we lynch Padib and he flips scum.

If we hit scum, we can establish more connections. For example, Spurge and Padib never interacted prior to my analysis. If Padib flips scum, Spurge is an immediate suspect.

Eh, I am fine with lynching padib if that is what you want to know from me. I wasn't dissatisfied with his behaviour previous to your data-crunch. I found him quite neutral until then.

As for unsure people: vote for f**** sake

If this were a revotable game I would prolly instantly policy lynch anybody not having placed at least one vote toDay

Around the Network

Once I get out of class for the day I'll read the last day's worth of posts and place at least one vote then.

Okay, after reading most of the posts, I can see we have two cases of conflict during the first day:

-FinalFan VS Spurge because of the possible amount of mafias in the game. For what I can see (and correct me if I'm wrong), this whole discussion was started when Spurge suggested the amount of mafias in this game were two. FF thought this amount is unusual, and asked his reasons for that amount, which Spurge has not given a clear answer yet. I agree with FF's stance in the matter up to a point. Two mafias on a 12 player game is a weird amount, specially if we take into account that this is session is taking some special rules to make it faster. Why would it take less mafias, then? that would slow down the game. I have asked multiple times in this game what is the usual proportion of mafias per players, and I'm still waiting for an answer. If I had to make a guess, I would say between a 1/4 and 1/3 of the players are mafias here, simply because that amount is great to speed up the game while not being too harmful to towns. In this case, between 3 and 4 players would be mafia. FF being FoSed by Spurge is also not a good sign, either (still, I would have reacted less agressively, that only attracts suspicions, FF). So for now I'm focusing more attention on Spurge. Not FoS yet, but a bit more attention.

-Hatmoza VS Padib because of Hatmoza's analysis list. After Hatmoza wrote a pretty detailed analysis of the activity of every player here, and then he explained his suspicions based on that data. I particulary like the reasoning of who might be mafia by not interacting with other players, that could be a nice lead. After that, Padib said that the amount of activity of the players doesn't mean they're mafia (which I agree up to a point. I always imagine Mafia trying to, either fly under the radar completely, or taking the lead on any lynch to try and look townie while taking out some competition, I don't know if a strategy in the middle would be safer or more effective). Which inmediately made Hatmoza start to suspect Padib, sayying: "Wow just wow. Look how desperate Padib was to fill in his data gaps. You just skyrocketed on the scum scale. Furthermore you immediately try to devalue the OBJECTIVE data I presented as a personal scheme by me." Also, FF made a good point that a Mafia could make this analysis as well: this could be Hatmoza trying to take the lead to mislead everyone, and offering objective but relative easy to get data would be a way to go (people might be too lazy to count the amount of posts of every player and their part in the game, but they could do it). I'm having a hard time on this one, because both players have a decent point, and yet have become pretty active trying to discredit each other. Calm responses are the way to go, and I don't think either of them are doing it. I'm almost certain that one of the two is mafia, but I have no idea who. I'm going to FoS both, just to be sure.

Also there's Hatmoza calling Noctis things, but I don't know if it's a joke or it's part of a plan. So yeah.

For now, I'm thinking of using one of my votes against Truck, due to the lack of activity.

My reasoning here? I believe a player needs to interact with the game with some certain frequency, and not doing so is just giving the mafias a giant excuse to attack other, more active players, with the certainty of the inactive one won't react with enough speed to stop it. It's dead weight for the towns. If in 12 h you haven't written something here, I will vote against you.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Stefl1504 said:
Eh, I am fine with lynching padib if that is what you want to know from me. I wasn't dissatisfied with his behaviour previous to your data-crunch. I found him quite neutral until then.

As for unsure people: vote for f**** sake

If this were a revotable game I would prolly instantly policy lynch anybody not having placed at least one vote toDay

I'll be voting don't you worry. I'm going to leave it for the next few hours. Not sure to vote trucks for inactivity or vote hat or prof for coming off scummy. 

padib said:
theprof00 said:
I also agree with hat that padib's response is extremely scummy.

I'm going to put my last vote on padib. I'm pretty confident in that one.
vote: padib

I honestly don't understand you. We have the same town tell on Darwin, which is a very important tell, yet you suspect me and you don't even explain why?

Because I chainsawed hat? I expected you to see the awefulness of his logic more than anyone in the game. So why does it surprise you?

vote: prof

You are not playing according to your logic, but according to your feelings, and imho that is scum prof.

What I'm reading from you is that you overreacted to a point that hat made, when you didn't even really have to worry too much about responding to him. This basically makes me think that you are scum, because you're being overly defensive. Scum tend to react poorly to being called out. It was part of my strategy early on in my mafia games, where I just called out everyone until I got a ping off them, because scum tend to react badly.

I am indeed playing according to logic, and also my feelings (as in I use my empathy to feel the emotions behind my suspect's posts). This is yet another instance of you acting scummy, by making up a meta for my scum play, and strawmanning me into an undermined position.

hatmoza said:
Everyone should consider getting the lynch on Padib started. The evidence of lurking and his scummy reaction is all above. Go read and decide if you want him lynched or not.

At this point, I'm just deciding between him and spurge.  He's been online but hasn't posted here since my ultimatum, which is pushing my buttons; but I do like the padib lynch. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!