By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are Millenials the worst and most unproductive gen?

You look back at past gens, and they produced so many giants, last year many died and world took notice. Alive or dead, past generations have produced more greats in movies, music, sports, politics etc than this gen ever will:

Muhammad Ali, Maradonna, George Michael, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Jean Claud Van Damme, Arnold Scharzenegger, Michael Hutchence, Michael Jackson, Prince, Queen, Freddie Mercury, Bono, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Deep Purple, David Bowie, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Tupac, Biggie, NWA

Compare those with the new stars: Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, mumble rappers...?

Some millenials are nearing almost 40, this gen hasn't produced much to replace the fading or the stars that are gone already.

Among the common folk, all I see from millenials is false nostalgia for an era they never lived in. 80s and 90s nostalgia is the hype now with companies and people trying to capture the old magic. Some do it succesfully while others fail miserably. This current longing for the past is far greater than people in the 80s and 90s looked back at the 50s or 60s.

Point is, this is the most unremarkable generation, the one after millenials is going to be even worse. You look back at past decades and they all stand out, not with the 00s or 10s. I dunno what will stand out of the past decade in 20-30 years. Both sports, music, movies, gaming have regressed.

Around the Network

I think the most unproductive generations are the ones occupying themselves comparing generations from their limited experience of only a single generation they lived in.

Also shut up, granpa. You just don't know what's cool for the kidz anymore. Go back and listen to your classical music on your grammophone.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Turkish said:

I dunno what will stand out of the past decade in 20-30 years. Both sports, music, movies, gaming have regressed.

Scientific advancement, something more important than entertainment.

Turkish said:

You look back at past gens, and they produced so many giants, last year many died and world took notice. Alive or dead, past generations have produced more greats in movies, music, sports, politics etc than this gen ever will:

Muhammad Ali, Maradonna, George Michael, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Jean Claud Van Damme, Arnold Scharzenegger, Michael Hutchence, Michael Jackson, Prince, Queen, Freddie Mercury, Bono, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Deep Purple, David Bowie, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Tupac, Biggie, NWA

Compare those with the new stars: Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, mumble rappers...?

Some millenials are nearing almost 40, this gen hasn't produced much to replace the fading or the stars that are gone already.

Among the common folk, all I see from millenials is false nostalgia for an era they never lived in. 80s and 90s nostalgia is the hype now with companies and people trying to capture the old magic. Some do it succesfully while others fail miserably. This current longing for the past is far greater than people in the 80s and 90s looked back at the 50s or 60s.

Point is, this is the most unremarkable generation, the one after millenials is going to be even worse. You look back at past decades and they all stand out, not with the 00s or 10s. I dunno what will stand out of the past decade in 20-30 years. Both sports, music, movies, gaming have regressed.

Correction. Sports has been so much epic. You got messi and Ronaldo in football you got djokovic, Murray, nadal, nishikori, wawrinka and federer in tennis you have sachin tendulkar, MISBAH Ul HAQ, younas khan, virat kohli, Mcculum and A B deviliers in cricket. You have to be out if your mind to think sports has regressed

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Turkish said:

I'm a millenial that lived in the 80s and 90s. Much of the TV/movies I watch is actually from the 90s because quite frankly, I think most TV/movies are shti today.

Frankly, a lot of the music I listen to is from the 90s as well but I can appreciate some modern stuff.

Anywho, I think a lot of people appriciate old stuff because most things are shit today. The 90s was a pretty rad era in pop culture I guess.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Yes.

Barkley said:
Turkish said:

I dunno what will stand out of the past decade in 20-30 years. Both sports, music, movies, gaming have regressed.

Scientific advancement, something more important than entertainment.

Yeah, maybe he needs to rename his thread title.

It sounds like important stuff but thread is focused on entertainment.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Lol no wonder this generation looks to the past. The current one is so bad.

And just as I write this, the Williams sisters and Federer are in the finals of Australian Open, now only Nadal left. A shame they all will retire soon, the younger ones lack the dominance and charisma of the old.

Eagle367 said:

Correction. Sports has been so much epic. You got messi and Ronaldo in football you got djokovic, Murray, nadal, nishikori, wawrinka and federer in tennis you have sachin tendulkar, MISBAH Ul HAQ, younas khan, virat kohli, Mcculum and A B deviliers in cricket. You have to be out if your mind to think sports has regressed

More importantly, MMA!

Recently Completed

Turkish said:
Lol no wonder this generation looks to the past. The current one is so bad.

And just as I write this, the Williams sisters and Federer are in the finals of Australian Open, now only Nadal left. A shame they all will retire soon, the younger ones lack the dominance and charisma of the old.

Hahahahaha the Williams federer nadal Murray and djokovic are all millenials so your sports assumption is out the window. You yourself proved yourself wrong

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also