By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Muslim girl claims she was pushed in front of a train because of her headscarf

Turns out that she was making it up.

A 14-year-old girl claimed she was pushed in front of a train for being Muslim

The girl, known only as Sinem, is now being challenged by police in Vienna

They have checked CCTV tapes from Wien-Döbling and cannot find the incident

The girl, whose parents are originally from Turkey, said she was taken to hospital with minor injuries and her parents filed a criminal complaint after hearing what had happened.

But The Local reported that Vienna police spokesman Irina Steirer said officers had searched through tapes of CCTV cameras on the platform and found no trace of the incident the girl described.

She said: 'We have looked through the CCTV and at the time when the incident is alleged to have occurred nothing can be seen on the records.

'Both the alleged victim and the accused are captured on CCTV, but nothing ever happens and they are both simply seen getting on the train.'

She said they were now considering whether to charge the girl with making a false report or even slander.

The original claim was widely reported in the Austrian media and one anti-racism group blamed Austrian Foreign and Integration Minister Sebastian Kurz for having called for a ban on civil servants wearing headscarves.

Last month an American woman, Yasmin Seweid, claimed three men shouting 'Donald Trump!' attacked her and tried to pull her hijab off in the New York subway.

New York Police Department later claimed she had made the incident up and have charged her with filing a false report and obstructing governmental administration.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4136730/Muslim-girl-claimed-pushed-cried-wolf.html

Around the Network

People need to learn the hard truth that it's not ok to lie unless you're running for president. Sad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yeah.... NO! Dont go makin up shit!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

'Both the alleged victim and the accused are captured on CCTV, but nothing ever happens and they are both simply seen getting on the train.'

Girl doesnt like guy and makes up sh*t about him.
These are serious accusations though.

Girl should be punished for makeing up lies like these. Its just f***ed up, and not something you do.

So why the media never used other names besides Muslims girls , bias much? In my country who are the biggest Muslim population in the world never used names such Christian girls, Hindus girls, Buddhist girls, atheist girls in the headlines news. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
So why the media never used other names besides Muslims girls , bias much? In my country who are the biggest Muslim population in the world never used names such Christian girls, Hindus girls, Buddhist girls, atheist girls.

Because of the girls lies.

She claims she was pushed infront of a train track, because she wore a headscarf.

Police believed her, and looked through video tapes of the trainstation.

It never happend. She lied to get someone (not a muslim) in trouble on purpose.

Yes muslim girl, is the right way to name her (she made it about religion).

It would be wrong to use her actual name and imbarrase her to friends/family/people that live in area, outing her as a hatefull lier.

HollyGamer said:

So why the media never used other names besides Muslims girls , bias much? In my country who are the biggest Muslim population in the world never used names such Christian girls, Hindus girls, Buddhist girls, atheist girls in the headlines news. 

Because religion is at the centre of this. Did you read the story?

JRPGfan said:
HollyGamer said:
So why the media never used other names besides Muslims girls , bias much? In my country who are the biggest Muslim population in the world never used names such Christian girls, Hindus girls, Buddhist girls, atheist girls.

She claims she was pushed infront of a train track, because she wore a headscarf.

It never happend.

It would be wrong to use her actual name and imbarrase her to friends/family/people that live in area, outing her as a hatefull lier.

My problem is not about how he lies or not, the problem is the media headlines, please read my comment back again. When some negativity cames , they always use their names, while many cases evolve around other woman who is not Muslim such Christian, Atheist, Jews, Buddhist never putted on headlines. I never see such headline with names such Christian girls doing this and this when it about negative behavior. 

Lawlight said:
HollyGamer said:

Because religion is at the centre of this. Did you read the story?

I read about it, and still is just prove how bias the media is. 

HollyGamer said:
JRPGfan said:

It never happend.

My problem is not about how he lies or not, the problem is the media headlines, please read my comment back again. When some negativity cames , they always use their names, while many cases evolve around other woman who is not Muslim such Christian, Atheist, Jews, Buddhist never putted on headlines. I never see such headline with names such Christian girls doing this and this when it about negative behavior. 

Because they dont make it about their religion.

If a insane christian did something due to his religion, they would also write "insane christian did such and such".

Why you dont see it in the media? there are alot more muslim that do bad things because of their religion than other religions.