By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Recommend me some PS1 and PS2 RPGs to play

Which system had the better RPGs?

PS1 33 68.75%

PS2 15 31.25%

Total:48
mjk45 said:

I won't name many games since most have been mentioned  and you listed some you have played ,PS1 - legend of legaia ,Parasite Eve ,Star Ocean: the second story ,Grandia , legend of dragoon, Vagrant story.
PS2 Rogue galaxy ,Persona 3 fes , Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts covenant , SMT nocturne, SMT digital devil saga 1 &2 and bending the rules okami 

^ What this guy said but also for ps1 Azure Dreams its a mess of a game but can be extremely addictive.

Shadow Hearts is my jam was not sure if anyone would mention it fuck I would love to see it come back if not just come to PSN.

Around the Network

The first Dark Cloud is on sale right now if you must really play it lol

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/dark-cloud/cid=UP9000-CUSA01728_00-SCUS971110000001

PS1 Legend of Dragoon

Look up a list of Squaresoft / Square Enix games on PS1, and know that all of them are worth a look. Well, maybe not Tobal, God Hand, or the Chocobo games, but otherwise you have Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, SaGa Frontier (get a guide to learn the ropes & enjoy), Dragon Quest 7, Xenogears....good stuff.

Arc the Lad 1 & 2 are great as well, similar to Suikoden 1 & 2 in that the first game is very short, but you use your 1st game save file for great reward in the sequel.

Parasite Eve 1 & 2

Around the Network

Xenogears!!!

xenogears (the best)
and legend of dragoon. that's all you need

I guess I should also say the first Disgaea since Laharl is still my profile pic. I mean, he is a friggin Overlord and all.

I'd be interested to play Legend of Dragoon again to see how it has aged...been a LONG time.

Grandia 1 (PS1)
Grandia 2 (PS2)

My personal favorites.

PS2 The Bard's Tale. PS2 Dark Alliance (Baulder's Gate series) PS2 Champions of Norrath (Baulder's Gate series)

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.