By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How are 2 Joycons being $79.99 overpriced when 2 PS Move controllers are $99.99!?

You need to buy two pairs of joy cons to match the functionality of one pair of dual shock 4's.

Now explain away the $70 pro controller with digital triggers over the $49.99 ds4

Around the Network

The thing is, Move controllers are much cheaper. I've purchased the navigator for 11 Euro and that's the regular price for it. The prices Nintendo set for the accessories are insane and have to come down at some point.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

NATO said:

You need to buy two pairs of joy cons to match the functionality of one pair of dual shock 4's.

Now explain away the $70 pro controller with digital triggers over the $49.99 ds4

Motion sensors, HD rumble and nfc. What price would you give it for that tech in it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
NATO said:

Motion sensors, HD rumble and nfc. What price would you give it for that tech in it.

Ds4 has gyro, accelerometer, speaker, touchpad, light bar for accurate positional motion tracking via camera, analogue triggers, headphone port, all of which are a hell of a lot more useful to the average gamer than HD rumble and NFC.

Definitely not worth giving up the features the ds4 has over the pro controller, just to add those three and bump the price up $20 more.

Guys, who gives a shit? Don't pay for the extra controllers if you think it's too expensive, use the ones that come with the system. You can play most 2 player games with the joycons anyways, unless you want ARMS, which apparently, can be played with controllers anyways, so there you go.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
the competition sells overpriced controlers and that is a excuse for nintendo to do it?

I think the OP is more pointing out the lack of an outcry with one versus the other, when both are optional accessories.

Switch comes with two Joycons, which is enough for the mobile functionality, and multiplayer. They're both overpriced imho. The only saving grace for Switch is that each $80 Joycon pack comes with two, which allows for two local players. So 4 player local MP requires only an $80 extra purchase instead of the $180 it would cost on PS4/Xbone.

Because you have to buy the Joycons while the other are optional

The Move controllers are expensive too, but that doesn't make the Joy-cons less expensive, or any other controller for that matter :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Both are overpriced, I didn't have to buy PS Move controllers to play, though.

The context would be needed here. One is optional while the other is a mandatory option. Nintendo seems to have learned nothing.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Platina said:
Because you have to buy the Joycons

no you dont

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.