By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter II may come to other platforms IF it sells well on Switch

IGN interviewed Yoshinori Ono in regards to Ultra Street fighter II - The Final Challengers.

The 2 main points that I took away from this because it hasn't really been adressed yet before is:

- Ultra Street Fighter II is aiming for a launch window

- If it sells extremely well it will be considered. 

There are several questions answered here as well so click the link for the full article

Link to the article in the picture

Around the Network

I don't really understand the logic here lol.

"If it sells well on this single platform then we'll port it over to others", usually it's the other way around where if a game sells bad on one platform THEN they port it to other systems to try to make back some of the money there.

It makes it seem more like they're expecting it to not sell well, but if it surprises them and does well then it's like "Oh, people actually wanted this? Put it on everything else now! It can actually sell!". At least imo that's how it sounds. 

FloatingWaffles said:

It makes it seem more like they're expecting it to not sell well, but if it surprises them and does well then it's like "Oh, people actually wanted this? Put it on everything else now! It can actually sell!". At least imo that's how it sounds. 

It only sounds that way because that's what it is.

What a weird logic here. You'd think they would want to fix the mess that was SFV by releasing this everywhere as some sort of apology to the fans, but it will only release elsewhere if it does well on the Switch?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I mean... Isn't this just HD Remix with different mechanics? Where's the audience for this. Switch only makes sense because there's literally no other traditional fighter on it. Everyone else has options.

Around the Network

It um...won't do that well Capcom. You can't keep doing re releases of games and basing ports and sequels on how a re release of a game we've played a billion times over, performs. They do this with Mega Man, now they're doing it with Street Fighter...

That means it will be a Switch exclusive.

I'd get this game but need that switch pro controller, which for some reason can't be found anywhere atm

How many more versions of SF2 do we need? There was already a HD SF2 on 360/PS3.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi