By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch: 8 accounts on a system, choose region at account creation, game cards read-only (Kotaku)

Cloudman said:
The different account thing is awesome! Now I can have a Japanese account too, incase they get region specific games. I never expected this to happen, so this is a pleasant surprise. Also, it sounds like it's pretty easy to increase the size of space for the system, and I hear SD cards are more affordable these days, so perhaps space for the system won't be problematic, which sounds good.

For 20 bucks you can get 64 gigs.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q588D4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484882063&sr=8-2&keywords=microsdxc+card

I think that'll last a long time. That might be too much actually.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Cloudman said:
The different account thing is awesome! Now I can have a Japanese account too, incase they get region specific games. I never expected this to happen, so this is a pleasant surprise. Also, it sounds like it's pretty easy to increase the size of space for the system, and I hear SD cards are more affordable these days, so perhaps space for the system won't be problematic, which sounds good.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q588D4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484882063&sr=8-2&keywords=microsdxc+card

That doesn't seem bad, but seeing how big games are getting, I think more space than that may be needed...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
KLAMarine said:

That doesn't seem bad, but seeing how big games are getting, I think more space than that may be needed...

I don't recall Nintendo games being known for their size.

KLAMarine said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I just mean for the 3rd party games. Some of those games sizes are huge.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cobretti2 said:
hd94 said:

FYI, almost all home console (and vita) save in their internal memory

don't care. i've grown up used to a standard. this s goign backwards for Nintendo.

and to think at the start of the gen i wanted them to implement hybrid cards to tackle the space issue.

64gb cart = 40gb for game 24gb for DLC and patches and save files. how awesome would that be??? no more worried about console internal space.

You do realise Nintendo is using ROM and not NAND for it's carts right?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
KLAMarine said:

I guess but I think this applies to AAA third party games. I'm not expecting many of those to make it to the Switch.

Good. Backing up save files is a pita on 3ds

KLAMarine said:
Cloudman said:

I guess but I think this applies to AAA third party games. I'm not expecting many of those to make it to the Switch.

Yeah, that's true. I wonder if I'll even play some of those big games, if they even make to the console, since I'm not really a fan of them to begin with.

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
KLAMarine said:

Yeah, that's true. I wonder if I'll even play some of those big games, if they even make to the console, since I'm not really a fan of them to begin with.

Same here. I like cartoony shit and most AAA stuff don't come off as such.

In the three years ps4 and x1 have been out, only Overwatch and Doom 2016 have drawn my attention... Other than that, this gen's been pretty uninteresting.

Just my two cents.

Cobretti2 said:
hd94 said:

FYI, almost all home console (and vita) save in their internal memory

don't care. i've grown up used to a standard. this s goign backwards for Nintendo.

and to think at the start of the gen i wanted them to implement hybrid cards to tackle the space issue.

I guess the idea is that microSD cards will gradually drop in price to make the space issue easier to deal with.  On the bright side, this should make it impossible for anyone to pull a stunt like Capcom did with Resident Evil: Mercenaries for 3DS.