By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Foxconn Leak was real, when Docked Switch is about 70 % Xbone

Zoombael said:
Sooo... how how much percentage off the PS4 powa is it?

While we are at it PS360 too. Only then ill have a clear picture of how powafool the nintendo svvitch is.

500+ Gamecubes.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Doesn't make them credible or anything, but did they also have other Switch rumors?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It's unlikely to be anything but a tweaked Tegra X1 based on power constraints alone. Since we know pretty well the battery life and its mliliamp-hours, we can more or less estimate the watt-hours, since Wh = mAh x V / 1000.

4310 mAh * very likely 5V / 1000 = 21.55 Wh, which sounds about in line with other tablets.

Theoretically, it can last at least 2.5 hours on demanding gameplay, so that's 8.62W, a very high power consumption for a tablet, but not unusual for the Tegra X1. According to Nvidia itself (https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/01/04/live-nvidia-ces/) , the Tegra X1 runs the demanding Unreal Engine Elemental demo on 10W. That would be a close match to the power consumption of the Switch hardware, when being stressed.

It sort of implies, though, the hardware can run close to full speed as a handheld, unlike what the Eurogamer rumour says... of course, one must remember the Switch could still be limited by heat; and there is a good chance the Nvidia benchmark might be excluding the power consumption of the remainder of the system (mostly the screen) from the 10W results it claims.

FunFan said:
Zoombael said:
Sooo... how how much percentage off the PS4 powa is it?

While we are at it PS360 too. Only then ill have a clear picture of how powafool the nintendo svvitch is.

500+ Gamecubes.

Over 9000 SNES you say.

I am intrigued.

Hunting Season is done...

FunFan said:
SmileyAja said:

"The external GPU dock on display from ASUS is a little different again to the laptops and AIO mentioned in the previous paragraph, by taking the PCIe lanes and passing the data over a Type-C interface. Using a proprietary IC, ASUS is able to carry 32 Gbps of data over a passive Type-C cable (note, Thunderbolt 3 is limited to 20 Gbps over passive) to a dock that can decode the data. That being said, there were two data cables going from the dock to the laptop, making me think that this is actually two lots of 20Gbps maximum and the IC logic is there to reconstruct the bits from different PCIe lane data streams."

if AsusTek can do, so can anyone else. Nintendo hasn't give us the specs and the chances of it working just like any standar Type-C are slim, not necessarily because Nintendo would use it for extra performance but because of their agressive anti-piracy stance.

There's very likely no proprietary tech in the USB-C port, piracy argument doesn't make sense since other USB ports are very much standard. My point was that it was using two cables, and the Nintendo Switch doesn't have two USB-C ports to make those transfer speeds. I highly doubt Nintendo is secretly using Thunderbolt or has an upgraded version with faster transfer speeds, but I'd love to be wrong.

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Uhm... no. Even at its best PS3 games were at par with 360. Not significnatly better if at all, just at par.

Sony should have used in a cheaper CPU and a better GPU. You know... like PS4.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. A lot of games are enhanced over xbox 360 on ps3.

1. Many 360 games have much inferior sound. 360 games had to come on dvd's and didn't have the space of ps3 blu-rays so were more highly compressed and only supported dolby 5.1 compared to up to uncompressed 7.1 on ps3 often with additional sound layers.

2. movie sequences on ps3 could be pre-rendered 1080p high quality movies where as these were often reduced quality highly compressed movie sequences on 360 or often game engine movie sequences.

3. ps3 supported a greater range of 1080p games 

4. ps3 had wider support for 3D games

5. cell processor is less optimised in multiformat games but games built from the ground up made good use of the cell and many of these games wouldn't be possible on 360 to the same quality.

I'm an owner of both 360 and ps3 and while for multiformat games the 360 was generally better for exclusive games they often performed to a higher level on ps3 than similar games on 360.

1. Not sure how accurate that as is or what games actually took advantage of it. But that's not a big selling point.

2. That's true, but many 7th gen games were moved away from FMVs and the quality of 360 videos were generally fine.

3. They both have 1080p games. Hence, they were both capable of 1080p if a game was designed to do so.

4. That was because Sony was pushing 3D TVs (it failed).

5. I could argue PS3 was incapable of running Gears 3 and Halo 4 at the same quality because of its inferior GPU and RAM. We don't really know.

I think Sony studios a great job optimizing games and put a huge focus on graphics. Regardless, notable 360 games were at par.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
bonzobanana said:

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. A lot of games are enhanced over xbox 360 on ps3.

1. Many 360 games have much inferior sound. 360 games had to come on dvd's and didn't have the space of ps3 blu-rays so were more highly compressed and only supported dolby 5.1 compared to up to uncompressed 7.1 on ps3 often with additional sound layers.

2. movie sequences on ps3 could be pre-rendered 1080p high quality movies where as these were often reduced quality highly compressed movie sequences on 360 or often game engine movie sequences.

3. ps3 supported a greater range of 1080p games 

4. ps3 had wider support for 3D games

5. cell processor is less optimised in multiformat games but games built from the ground up made good use of the cell and many of these games wouldn't be possible on 360 to the same quality.

I'm an owner of both 360 and ps3 and while for multiformat games the 360 was generally better for exclusive games they often performed to a higher level on ps3 than similar games on 360.

1. Not sure how accurate that as is or what games actually took advantage of it. But that's not a big selling point.

2. That's true, but many 7th gen games were moved away from FMVs and the quality of 360 videos were generally fine.

3. They both have 1080p games. Hence, they were both capable of 1080p if a game was designed to do so.

4. That was because Sony was pushing 3D TVs (it failed).

5. I could argue PS3 was incapable of running Gears 3 and Halo 4 at the same quality because of its inferior GPU and RAM. We don't really know.

I think Sony studios a great job optimizing games and put a huge focus on graphics. Regardless, notable 360 games were at par.

To me, Mass Effect 2 had the best graphics that gen. Especially during Jack quests.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)