By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a "Switch TV"?

Tagged games:

Switch or Switch TV?

I like to go portable, sometimes. 29 42.65%

I just want to stay home. 31 45.59%

Nothing Nintendo does will please me. Ever. 8 11.76%

Total:68

Look at me. Going from avoiding almost every single NX rumor thread to making my own  Switch thread. My how I've grown.

Quick question:

If Nintendo released a $200 Switch TV that only functions as a home console, would you buy it? 100% compatible with Switch games and peripherals but no portable mode. Would you prefer it to the "Deluxe version" with all of the bells and whistles or not?

Around the Network

Yes.
It could be produced cheaper if it didnt need all those extra parts, and batteries, screen ect.

a 200$ switch tv (home console only) thats identical to the switch in power ect, would be fine with me.

d21lewis said:

Look at me. Going from avoiding almost every single NX rumor thread to making my own  Switch thread. My how I've grown.

Quick question:

If Nintendo released a $200 Switch TV that only functions as a home console, would you buy it? 100% compatible with Switch games and peripherals but no portable mode. Would you prefer it to the "Deluxe version" with all of the bells and whistles or not?

the switch is the tablet, so a $200 portable switch without the dock/joycon grip makes more sense, I think.

d21lewis said:

Quick question:

Without the handheld thing? Hum, I rather save a bit and buy the full Switch, cause it would be a life saver in long stakeout missions I usually get into when I have to deliver courthouse paper to sneaky crooks. =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

So basically if Nintendo made a regular cheap home console. 

I prefer what has been currently offered

Around the Network

No, the whole major selling point of the thing is the fact that its a portable console.

Definitely. Because it would be cheaper and I have doubts about Switch portability because of short battery life

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Would prefer i to the current switch actually.

Also would be happy with Onion Berry's suggestion if not having to buy the dock I suppose.  Just make the thing cheaper.

Sure, then I won't have go looking for the thing in my kid's room when I want to play.
It would be best as a secondary console instead of buying a second dock. Everybody happy.

Yes. They should make two extra version with just the one half each anyway. Especially if they could give the home package just that bit more juice.