By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: ARMS (Nintendo New IP) Will be the Next Big Thing in Competitive Play!

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
It's too early to predict, but I'm hopeful.

Also, there's no chance that any competitive play with this game will use motion controls.

Noe thats what i call too early to predict. Funny u mention that the same way many said with splatoons gyro controls yet over 50% of the people use it :)

There's an argument to be made that the motion controls in Splatoon increase precision when aiming. No such argument exists for motion controls with Arms. It's never happening.

Around the Network

It should be noted that Arms has roughly the same amount of views as Splatoon 2 on Youtube.

Also, Arms is now confirmed to have more than 5 characters. (predictably)

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Noe thats what i call too early to predict. Funny u mention that the same way many said with splatoons gyro controls yet over 50% of the people use it :)

There's an argument to be made that the motion controls in Splatoon increase precision when aiming. No such argument exists for motion controls with Arms. It's never happening.

Ill give you that but im not ruling out 100% impossible. Just my opinion (despite me seeing traditional is better, ill play competitivly at tournaments with motion controls to look cool :p)

But do you really belive ARMS will be a featured game at EVO? I personally think it has a shot at competitive play, seeing the reactions of people that have played it. I have the game on pre order and am liking what I have seen so far. They have already shown that the game will support competitive traits like zoning your opponent and punishing them when they fail an attack. These are things competitive fighting games are known for.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Also, Arms is now confirmed to have more than 5 characters. (predictably)

And Nintendo better make the amiibos for them. Master Mummy amiibo will be epic.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

KLAMarine said:
It's certainly possible.

Good graphics are good until you beat the game.  Good gameplay is good until the generation is over.  GREAT GRAPHICS (for it's time) AND GREAT GAMEPLAY is good for a lifetime.

Nice try.  Fixed it for you.

I don't even know what to predict tbh. Nintendo has dashed my expectations for both Splatoon and Pokemon GO, so I'm not sure what to make of ARMS at the moment.

Competitively? Sure, why not?