By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch vs Current Gen - Steep and Snake Pass Graphics Comparassion

I'm considering doing the same kind of comparison with snake pass. What do you guys think?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
justiceiro said:
I'm considering doing the same kind of comparison with snake pass. What do you guys think?

sounds like a good idea.

If you do more, you may want to find a better way to capture your footage. There is way too much artifacting on your footage to make any really clear comparison. Also, the 0.25 speed is a nice idea, but maybe focus on longer normal speed footage and screenshots for sharper detail. Identity which "traditional consoles" you're using (it makes a huge difference, especially with steep!)

In general, study how Digital Foundry does this, they're masters in the technical comparison world, and while you shouldn't feel bad if you don't have access to the tech/software they use to get such in-depth framerate data, it may give you an idea of how to present what you can capture.

DJjazzyGETH said:
If you do more, you may want to find a better way to capture your footage. There is way too much artifacting on your footage to make any really clear comparison. Also, the 0.25 speed is a nice idea, but maybe focus on longer normal speed footage and screenshots for sharper detail. Identity which "traditional consoles" you're using (it makes a huge difference, especially with steep!)

In general, study how Digital Foundry does this, they're masters in the technical comparison world, and while you shouldn't feel bad if you don't have access to the tech/software they use to get such in-depth framerate data, it may give you an idea of how to present what you can capture.

Yeah, i see, but since so far it's more like a hobby, i can't make this kind of compromise yet, specially where i live, where everything gaming related is so damn expensive.

Anyway, i made the other video. its on the first post.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko