By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hate to say this...If the Switch isn't powerful as Xbox One, I'm not buying. Let me explain

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

The games are what sells me on a console and I want a Switch for a few of them so far. So if I cant play them on another console, Im getting the Switch.

you are really confusing me

I dont want to wait 5 years to play Super Mario Odyssey. Do I have another option than buying the Switch?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

you are really confusing me

I dont want to wait 5 years to play Super Mario Odyssey. Do I have another option than buying the Switch?

no, which is what i said in my original post, if someone has a desire to play Nintendo games than they have two options, either stick with previous devices and play existing games or purchase Switch to play their new releases.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

no, which is what i said in my original post, if someone has a desire to play Nintendo games than they have two options, either stick with previous devices and play existing games or purchase Switch to play their new releases.

I didnt need you to tell me that. I wanted to hear what he had to say.

".... I'm more likely on buying the PS4 Pro over the Switch this year."

A PS4 owner who is more inclined to get a PS4 Pro than a Switch isn't interested in getting a Switch in the first place.

Looks like you won't be buying the Switch then

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I am with the op. I shant be getting it either. And by the looks of things it's barely more powerful than wii u.

KLXVER said:
Its around WiiU level from the looks of it.

its obviously considerably more powerful than the Wii U, Zelda Breath of the Wild in downgraded PORTABLE mode looks vastly better than the Wii U version....

not trying to be a dick, but the Switch preorders already have sold out, I don't think everyone cares about power as much as you. Its a HYBRID portable system for gods sake, why would you realistically think that a system that doubles as a portable for HOURS on end on a battery would be able to run at as high power as the other systems on the market

just the fact that Zelda looks so incredibly good on the Switch in portable mode (arguably better than a lot of PS4 and Xone games look) shows that power is somewhat irrelevant. 
Again though, you have to be realistic. When the Switch is a multiple times (if not more than that versus the Vita) more powerful than any former dedicated gaming device that says something

also people on Neogaf have been making some logical posts that as far as the space inside of the system when including battery and the other components, realistically for the price point the Switch is about at the max it can be for battery life and specs (again, to remain at 300$ or under price).

to the naysayers- you can throw out all the numbers you want but in terms of getting a portable tablet to run advanced games, like Zelda Breath of the Wild, its not always just about pure specs because the reality is the most advanced tablets out there generally are not capable of playing games like Zelda. Bear in mind things like the graphics chip and parts do take up plenty of space

People are being unrealistic about these things. If it were that easy to release a 250$ price point handheld (or hybrid) with current gen graphics and insanely good battery power then Microsoft or Sony would do it. a lot of you are being delusional. There isn't a magic spell that makes it economically possible to do and to provide to consumers at a realistic price point.

a portable at like PS4/Xone levels would need a giant fan to maintain temperature AND it would be mega expensive 

mountaindewslave said:
KLXVER said:
Its around WiiU level from the looks of it.

its obviously considerably more powerful than the Wii U, Zelda Breath of the Wild in downgraded PORTABLE mode looks vastly better than the Wii U version....

I saw the comparisons and the Switch version looked a bit better. Splatoon 2 also looked a bit better I guess. Mario Kart 8 looked a bit worse imo.

jason1637 said:
Fine dont buy it then.

onionberry said:
that's good, more switches for people who want the system!

Platina said:
Looks like you won't be buying the Switch then

Responses like these are kind of missing the point. Responding by saying "Fine! don't buy it then!" is an easy way to dismiss criticism, but then people go "okay" and then the system doesn't sell well and suppor dries up. 

It's like owning a resteraunt where people don't like the food, and instead of changing the food you just go, "Fine! You don't like my food? Eat somewhere else!"

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, Switch your point-of-view and look at it like this. The switch is by far the most powerful handheld, about three times more than Vita. Capable of running the mainline Zelda, Splatoon and Mario games, which is unheard of for a handheld. As a bonus, you can hook it up to the tv and have the home console experience if you wish to do so.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.