By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chart Comparison: Launch Window Games for Switch, XO & PS4

You are missing lots of ps4 digital games.

Around the Network

I mean, props for drawing up the list (it's a good effort!), but I feel that you've been far too optimistic with some Switch stuff.

For example, you have No More Heroes listed. That game hasn't even started development yet. There is no way in hell it's a "launch window" title. We might not even see it before 2019, lol.

Shin Megami Tensei, similarly, is a game which has barely started development. In no way will that hit launch window. I doubt Project Octopath Traveller will hit it either. Fire Emblem Warriors showed no footage either so don't get your hopes up on that one.

You also seem to have included late ports in "notable releases" for Switch like I am Setsuna, a game which under-performed everywhere else it released; and not games which launched with PS4/XB1 and will have outsold it handily such as Injustice or Japanese launch titles for PS4 like Yakuza Ishin or Dynasty Warriors 8 XL.

Also, NBA 2K14 also released on PS4.

If you just wanted to make a list for making list sake then you succeeded. But if you want to make a list to weigh the relevance of a platforms launch lineup, then a lot of the games in those lists shouldn't be there.

Secondly, we don't really know how many of those games on the switch will actually make it this year. you basically just put every announced game for the switch on that list . doesnt work that way.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-launching-with-23-games/1100-6397199/

Sorry but the Wii U itself had a better line than the Switch

Preston Scott

yvanjean said:

Launch windows is only launch day and couple of weeks.

I think its pretty sad that your trying to include all of Switch Holiday 2017 in the launch window.

Why would it be sad? Maybe the list is too optimistic, but I don't have an agenda to paint the brightest picture of the Switch next 9 months following launch. I think you just didn't read my thread and you're being rude about it.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I mean, props for drawing up the list (it's a good effort!), but I feel that you've been far too optimistic with some Switch stuff.

For example, you have No More Heroes listed. That game hasn't even started development yet. There is no way in hell it's a "launch window" title. We might not even see it before 2019, lol.

Shin Megami Tensei, similarly, is a game which has barely started development. In no way will that hit launch window. I doubt Project Octopath Traveller will hit it either. Fire Emblem Warriors showed no footage either so don't get your hopes up on that one.

You also seem to have included late ports in "notable releases" for Switch like I am Setsuna, a game which under-performed everywhere else it released; and not games which launched with PS4/XB1 and will have outsold it handily such as Injustice or Japanese launch titles for PS4 like Yakuza Ishin or Dynasty Warriors 8 XL.

Also, NBA 2K14 also released on PS4.

Oh yeah definitely, I could remove some here and there. Will check it for sure.

think-man said:
You are missing lots of ps4 digital games.

You can point them out to me, I'll add them :) I checked a lot of annual lists, so enlighten me.

No reason to be rude to the OP even if you disagree with his reasoning. It's just not necessary.

OP, the effort is appreciated but, like Kresnik said, some of those on the Switch list just aren't realistic to release in the next year, much less the launch window.

DaveTheMinion13 said:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-launching-with-23-games/1100-6397199/

Sorry but the Wii U itself had a better line than the Switch

I dont think the OP included the Wii U. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nautilus said:
Trunkin said:

What games did he miss?

Besides Shantae on the Switch, which I just noticed...

There is a Shantae game comming to the Switch?

Yup, Half-Genie Hero, I believe its called. It just released on Steam last month, and I see it on Nintendo's channel.