By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chart Comparison: Launch Window Games for Switch, XO & PS4

I know I'm not the most prolific thread creator in here, but for the sake of fun I tried to list as many games as possible in regards of a 9-month window (covering the first civil year on Switch). This is based on notable releases (and upcoming, for Switch) in North America that fit within that timeframe, so hold yourself up if you see Backgammon Blitz not making the cut! So let's compare all three launches...

Nintendo Switch (March 3 to Dec 3) Xbox One (Nov 22 to Aug 22) Playstation 4 (Nov 15 to Aug 15)
FIFA (17?) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Don't Stave: Console Edition
Ultra Street Fighter 2 Battlefield 4 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Super Mario Odyssey Call of Duty: Ghost Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dead Rising 3 The Lego Movie Videogame
Splatoon 2 FIFA 14 Rayman Legends
Arms Forza Motorsport 5 Thief
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Just Dance 2014 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
NBA 2K18 Killer Instinct SteamWorld Dig
Just Dance 2017 Madden NFL 25 Infamous: Second Son
Snipperclips (wtf is this) NBA 2K14 Fez
Super Bomberman R Need for Speed: Rivals Lego: The Hobbit
1-2 Switch Ryse: Son of Rome Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Skylander: Swap Force Daylight
Disgaea 5 Complete Peggle 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 Halo: Spartan Assault Child of Light
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Wolfenstein: The New Order Wolfenstein: The New Order
Fast RMX Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Watch Dogs
Fire Emblem Warriors The Lego Movie Videogame Murdered: Soul Suspect
Minecraft: Switch Edition Rayman Legends EA Sports: UFC
Rayman Legends Definitive Edition Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare Sniper Elite III
Rime Thief The Last of Us Remastered
Dragon Quest Heroes I + II Titanfall Killzone Shadow Fall
Skylander Imaginators Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Steep Kinect Sports Rivals Flower
Project Sonic 2017 Child of Light Knack
Lego City Undercover The Amazing Spider Man 2 Just Dance 2014
Sonic Mania Super Time Force FIFA 14
Dragon Quest X Watch Dogs Madden NFL 25
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Murdered: Soul Suspect Resogun
Shovel Knight EA Sports UFC Need for Speed: Rivals

Valiant Hearts: The Great War Skylanders: Swap Force

Contrast Trine 2: Complete Story

Sniper Elite III Call of Duty: Ghosts

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Battlefield 4

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition Rogue Legacy
    Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare

Of course, Switch lineup is not set in stone. Please, feel free to point out any notable game I could have missed!

Around the Network

Hope I didn't forget anything valuable.

Ka-pi96 said:
Some of those Switch games seem unlikely at best to actually release within that window though. DQ10/11 seem unlikely (will probably release this year in Japan, but you said NA and TBH I`m not sure DQ10 will ever even release in NA whille 11 will probably be 2018 at the earliest).

No More Heroes, Shin Megami Tensei & Project Octopath Traveller seemed much more likely to be long term projects that were just announced earler, rather than current year games.

Oh and what`s with the order of the lists? It`s kinda throwing me off. Thought Battlefield was only listed on Xbox and not PS4 for a bit because it`s so high on one and so low down on the other

I kinda went back and forth a few lists to gather information here and there without taking much time to put it in order... Sorry about the mess. Some of the games didn't release simultaneously on both consoles, you have to take that into account.

Good list, I'm just more worried about the launch title lineup..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

Absolutely. But it's cool to put things in perspective.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Platina said:

Listing every game shown in the sizzle reel as releasing in 2017 by assumption rather than listing only the ones publishers have stated are for 2017 release is not putting it into perspective, just as omitting games from the Xbox one and PS4 lists to give the illusion of the console having a strong release list, is nothing more than deception.

NATO said:
guiduc said:

Listing every game shown in the sizzle reel as releasing in 2017 by assumption rather than listing only the ones publishers have stated are for 2017 release is not putting it into perspective, just as omitting games from the Xbox one and PS4 lists to give the illusion of the console having a strong release list, is nothing more than deception.

What games did he miss?

Besides Shantae on the Switch, which I just noticed...

NATO said:
guiduc said:

That was not the intent at all. And never did I state anything regarding the Switch launch or took a position regarding its strenght compared to PS4 and XO. As I said, it was just for fun. And probably most of it will release in 2017. I omitted few games for the Switch also, as I did for PS4 or XOne, if you read it carefully, only to put the notable ones. I don't want the list to be too long and people to lose interest.

I also asked you to point out notable games I would have missed. I think I did it in good faith.

Trunkin said:
NATO said:

What games did he miss?

Besides Shantae on the Switch, which I just noticed...

There is a Shantae game comming to the Switch?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Launch windows is only launch day and couple of weeks.

I think its pretty sad that your trying to include all of Switch Holiday 2017 in the launch window.