By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BOTW is 900p Docked, 720p Undocked (Switch)

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

In my experience you're far more guilty of the drama you describe than the majority of other users. You insist on pushing things to extremes (such as painting fairly tame expressions of disappointment or worry as 'not 1080p so totally unplayable'), you consistently mock and criticise others for having opinions and perspectives that counter your own, and then while doing all this present yourself as above it all, and clearly the only sane person in the room.

But hey, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether any opinion that counters yours has value or not ^^

I dont make drama for every gasming news I see, I think about them rationaly, but then when you came here you only see people whining, crying and shitting about everything, this forums are like a WC where people comes to express their daily live fustrations in the form of gaming opinions, is the place where all the childish tantrums and overreactions that no one would express in their normal lifes comes. Is sad and is annoying, this taste for constant drama is absurd, this need to look always to the worst possible situation and make a world about every tiny bad detail is sick.

While you're right people often focus too much on the negative, if you insist on taking upon yourself to fight that, you need to pick your battles better. At the time you initially posted in this thread, all the opinions expressed were incredibly tame. The most negative opinion was effectively 'i find this disappointing', which is hardly worthy of derision. When you set the bar for unacceptable negativity that low, people just ignore the bar entirely.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
900p is good right?

I don't imagine most would consider it 'good' (even 1080p is very slowly losing that qualifier), but plenty will be perfectly fine with it.

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I dont make drama for every gasming news I see, I think about them rationaly, but then when you came here you only see people whining, crying and shitting about everything, this forums are like a WC where people comes to express their daily live fustrations in the form of gaming opinions, is the place where all the childish tantrums and overreactions that no one would express in their normal lifes comes. Is sad and is annoying, this taste for constant drama is absurd, this need to look always to the worst possible situation and make a world about every tiny bad detail is sick.

While you're right people often focus too much on the negative, if you insist on taking upon yourself to fight that, you need to pick your battles better. At the time you initially posted in this thread, all the opinions expressed were incredibly tame. The most negative opinion was effectively 'i find this disappointing', which is hardly worthy of derision. When you set the bar for unacceptable negativity that low, people just ignore the bar entirely.

Yeah you maybe right there, I'm so used to this happening that I expect nothing less but people in this particular thread behaves mostly in a reasonable way, so maybe my message looks a bit out of place in the thread however not really when you see the state of the forum overall. Still this is one of those days I shouldnt be here because I'm more easily irritated but there is so much happening that I cant help it.

Soundwave said:

I'm guessing that means Mario runs at 720p docked and probably less than that undocked (540p?). 

Dont agree, we need to have on mind that Zelda BotW is port of game that was made on 1st place with Switch hardware on mind, while new 3D Mario will most likly use much better Switch hardware. So I dont think it wil be 720p/540p, maybe will be same like Zelda BotW 900p/720p or even 1080p/720p.

Actually I don't think any Nintendo game will run sub native res for Switch in portable mode, most likely ever Nintendo game will be 720p in portable mode.

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

Yeah you maybe right there, I'm so used to this happening that I expect nothing less but people in this particular thread behaves mostly in a reasonable way, so maybe my message looks a bit out of place in the thread however not really when you see the state of the forum overall. Still this is one of those days I shouldnt be here because I'm more easily irritated but there is so much happening that I cant help it.

Just a healthy reminder that focusing on positive side of things exclusively  can be just as bad as doing so with the negative. People have the right to be disappointed and to voice their opinion, even if many times said opinions are petty and not very logical, this will always happen, no use in dwelling on it too hard. So please, chill.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Soundwave said:

I'm guessing that means Mario runs at 720p docked and probably less than that undocked (540p?). 

Yeah Mario had alot of jaggies, so that wouldnt surprise me (ei. it running lower resolution than zelda).

Nintendo first party games arnt running 1080p 30 on the switch..... 3rd party? forget about it (1080p).

Zelda Botw runs at 60 fps on the switch according to what I've heard. LKD says it runs very well in handheld mode and has slight dips in docked mode.

SuperNova said:
JRPGfan said:

Yeah Mario had alot of jaggies, so that wouldnt surprise me (ei. it running lower resolution than zelda).

Nintendo first party games arnt running 1080p 30 on the switch..... 3rd party? forget about it (1080p).

Zelda Botw runs at 60 fps on the switch according to what I've heard. LKD says it runs very well in handheld mode and has slight dips in docked mode.

30fps

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

Dont agree, we need to have on mind that Zelda BotW is port of game that was made on 1st place with Switch hardware on mind, while new 3D Mario will most likly use much better Switch hardware. So I dont think it wil be 720p/540p, maybe will be same like Zelda BotW 900p/720p or even 1080p/720p.

Actually I don't think any Nintendo game will run sub native res for Switch in portable mode, most likely ever Nintendo game will be 720p in portable mode.

Xenoblade definitely runs below 900p when docked

http://i.imgur.com/rfQG9fN.png

So it has a chance to be first sub-hd game on switch when use in portable mode.

Sh1nn said:
Miyamotoo said:

Game is still in development so that really doesnt mean nothing, and Zelda also runs at 900p docked but 720p in portable mode.

Miyamotoo said:
Sh1nn said:

Game is still in development so that really doesnt mean nothing, and Zelda also runs at 900p docked but 720p in portable mode.

Zelda runs in 900p but Xenoblade is below 900p, probably 720p. So it has to be running in sub-hd when undocked.