By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Presentation - Rating and your impressions?

Rating?

10 65 8.72%

9 46 6.17%

8 99 13.29%

7 100 13.42%

6 87 11.68%

5 97 13.02%

4 78 10.47%

3 71 9.53%

2 28 3.76%

1 74 9.93%

Total:745

I'm seeing alot of 8 and 7s but also alot of comments saying 2-5...hmmmm

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
Honest question, how many games do you want on launch day for any console? I mean, you can have up to 20 and maybe only but two or four. Heck for the N64, you only had the option of two in day 1 (not gonna repeat the link I put about launch games in the past).

I think the issue people have is a lot of those games seem to be ports and of old games at that. Thats not gonna really set a fire under most people to buy one at launch especially at that price. ANd we can tout Zelda all we want but as good as that game looks it was supposed to come out years ago for a older system, its still a port itself.

5/10.

Pro
The new mario game looks different but in a good way.
The system provides different gameplay mechanics

Cons
Weak lineup
A bit expensive. ( I was expecting $250)
Paid online. I am not gonna pay another online subscription to play online. Not even xbox live has convinced me yet.

To be honest, I don't see myself buying it, not even at $250. I hope it is successful though for those who really want it.

Not good. Curiosity is satisfied again though.

A couple minutes in and they already announced a $299 pricetag, which for no reason other than milking apparently is somehow €329, paid online and a battery-life of a whopping 2.5 hours. Then the games, those two gimmick-games 1,2,Switch and Arms look stupid. Token third-party support, basically there B-line-up. EA tosses in a Fifa, but you can count your marbles they're pulling out before you know it. The Dock is still a big question-mark because they didn't talk about specs whatsoever, and so I still don't know why it's actually necessary. This system has shaky argumentation; I have never asked the question "Why" as much as I did now.

Then the big thing; Mario. I'm conflicted. On one hand I like the name and the fact that's it's open like 64/Sunshine and I know it'll probably be great because when has that team ever made a game that wasn't, but on the other the realistic settings make it seem like Sonic 06. The tablet has a touchscreen which is good and finally the Joy-Cons, they're better. Still too tiny to hold comfortably probably of course, but there's actually some tech inside the things and the revised "HD Rumble" seems neat.

And Zelda still looks great.

That doesn't really save the whole thing though since Zelda's also on WiiU, so overal I'd say this is a meagre 4/10, because the system is in no way impressive.

S.Peelman said:

A couple minutes in and they already announced a $299 pricetag, which for no reason other than milking apparently is somehow €329, paid online and a battery-life of a whopping 2.5 hours. Then the games, those two gimmick-games 1,2,Switch and Arms look stupid. Token third-party support, basically there B-line-up. EA tosses in a Fifa, but you can count your marbles they're pulling out before you know it. The Dock is still a big question-mark because they didn't talk about specs whatsoever, and so I still don't know why it's actually necessary. This system has shaky argumentation; I have never asked the question "Why" as much as I did now.

Then the big thing; Mario. I'm conflicted. On one hand I like the name and the fact that's it's open like 64/Sunshine and I know it'll probably be great because when has that team ever made a game that wasn't, but on the other the realistic settings make it seem like Sonic 06. The tablet has a touchscreen which is good and finally the Joy-Cons, they're better. Still too tiny to hold comfortably probably of course, but there's actually some tech inside the things and the revised "HD Rumble" seems neat.

That doesn't really save the whole thing though since Zelda's also on WiiU, so overal I'd say this is a meagre 4/10, because the system is in no way impressive.

B line up? you're being generous

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Kai_Mao said:
Honest question, how many games do you want on launch day for any console? I mean, you can have up to 20 and maybe only but two or four. Heck for the N64, you only had the option of two in day 1 (not gonna repeat the link I put about launch games in the past).

I think the issue people have is a lot of those games seem to be ports and of old games at that. Thats not gonna really set a fire under most people to buy one at launch especially at that price. ANd we can tout Zelda all we want but as good as that game looks it was supposed to come out years ago for a older system, its still a port itself.

Let's not pretend that most of the launch games from PS4 and Xbone weren't ports or enhanced from the 360/PS3 versions. Yes we know BoTW is initially a Wii U game, but do a majority of people know that or care about that? Twilight Princess (as Pavolink likes to point out, though I'm not sure if that's necessarily true) was a big hit and a staple on the Wii's launch and yet it was originally a GameCube game. Plus, not everyone has played these games. Zelda could've come out a year or two ago but it appears to have benefited well with a more stable performance on the Switch.

And they're spacing out their first party titles it seems. Mario is a great holiday title. Having Xenoblade and FE Musou near the end of the year and having Splatoon 2 as the summer title like the original. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is just a month after launch. And we've still have yet to see everything for the Switch. And Arms and 1-2 Switch could be interesting games. I know people want to write them off like Wii Sports or Nintendogs, but I'm more interested in, at least, Arms due to the Treehouse gameplay. Again, nothing is set in stone, especially the fate of the Switch.

oniyide said:
S.Peelman said:

More like garage line up

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
oniyide said:

More like garage line up

As in, you park your car next to those games?

Wright said:
Pavolink said:

More like garage line up

As in, you park your car next to those games?

More like INSIDE those games...

_(:з」∠)_

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Impressed by the games except that shitty arms looking game. Not impressed by the paid online and price of system and controllers.

I think I'll wait a year or more. Not really that hyped. Thinking about changing my VGC name.