By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch to have paid online!

Paid online for Nintendo switch.

Thats alright, everyone else does it already. 36 25.17%

Eh.... 20 13.99%

BOO!!!! 87 60.84%

Total:143
Ljink96 said:
Kerotan said:
Megaton. Very damaging news too because bragging about free online would have been a big plus.

How is it damaging when Sony and Microsoft do the same damn thing? At least they're giving away a free month.

An old NES or SNES etc game playable for a month.  

Doesn't compare to the 6 titles I can every month with Playstation. 

Around the Network

That was the most shocking thing about the presentation, didn't think they would go there.

Hopefully its less than XBO/PS4, preying it to be less $30/year

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Nautilus said:
Kerotan said:
Megaton. Very damaging news too because bragging about free online would have been a big plus.

PS4 does that.It sucks sure, but unfortunaly this is the market.I mean, PS4 does this shitty practice.

Yeah, and besides switch is the market leader with a huge library of games and 3rd party support, so they totally can afford to implement a shitty practice. Nintendo needs every bit of good PR they can get. This is not good PR.

Does it come with free games?

Around the Network

Some SNES and NES games are apparently getting online modes added. If GC games make it to the eShop they'll likely get the same.

thomvrell said:
Many having no idea what the online is like, decided to rate negatively considering it's Nintendo, having been fine paying for Xbox Live since 2006... smh

I also get 4 free games a month, tons of online features not available with Nintendo, and I have a service that's back by Microsoft and has lots of money put into it. So yes, it was a bad move...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Kerotan said:
Ljink96 said:

How is it damaging when Sony and Microsoft do the same damn thing? At least they're giving away a free month.

An old NES or SNES etc game playable for a month.  

Doesn't compare to the 6 titles I can every month with Playstation. 

You can also keep those games in your library permenantly with the Xbox one and ps4, and you get all ranges of games available. So nice to see it available, but it really doesn't compare.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Well, seems that I will stilll play on my wii U online.

I hope at least when online charge starts, the switch price drop for 250$

I don't like this at all! And it doesn't really sound like you're getting any additional value for your money except being able to play online. They need extra value for me to be even considering paying for this

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.