By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:
And for the record prof, are you really claiming that "smells like SK" is "having quite a lot to say"?

Don't fudge it.

1. If the "rainbow bomb" is actually a third kill attempt
2. SK poisoner and the bomb will go off toNight or toMorrow morning.
3. I don't get the feeling prof is lying, but I'm not sure his interpretation is the correct one.

You've actually said 3 things about the bomb.

1. Wondering if it's an SK
2. That it's actually a poisoner, and has yet to go off, or won't go off til another day
3. that I'm somehow mistaking something, or that there is some kind of mistake somewhere

To me, with what I have in the quicktopic, I mean, listening to you... it's like you know more about it than I do. Which to me is weird because it's my quicktopic and not yours.

I don't know if I'm explaining this properly. When I read your posts about it, you act like you know more, or that I'm somehow wrong. That seems odd to me, bc it should be only me and the bomber who know anything.

This is the fact (true or not) that you have told us:
1.  A "rainbow bomb" was attached to you last night. 

This is your speculation about it: 
1.  It was  a kill attempt.
2.  Something stopped it from killing you last night. 

This is my speculation about it: 
1.  It might not be a kill attempt. 
2.  If it was a kill attempt, it was a poisoner SK and you will die of the goddam poison unless there's a poison doctor in the game because that is how the poisoner role works. 

My "point 3" in your post is really just me pointing out that your speculation is speculation, unless you have held back information that makes it more than speculation, or lied, etc.  My "point 1" and "point 2" in your post is really just one thing:  wondering if it's a poisoner that is an SK (I don't think it's a poisoner vigilante).  All that extra detail that you are crediting me with "knowing" is basic knowledge of how the poisoner role works. 

P.S.  I haven't said poison enough times yet.  POISON POISON POISON

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

I am the role cop and I investigated Axum night 1. He came up mad bomber/poisoner. I have no reason to believe that is a towny role. Prof's statement about being targetted by a bomb suppports my findings but does not in any way prove prof's innocence... Although his directness of being a target personally gives me strong town vibes.

Vote Axum

Mafia or third faction, You are scum.

Before anyone asks, I did not have a night zero action.

Prof, do you think you were somehow protected or does my madbomber/poisoner finding mean this is a delayed kill? Why did you put spukryan in the spotlight? Is there something you would like to share? I would like to know if your death really is delayed.

Open question. Is Trucks scum? My concern is if he is scum that we will neglect ever taking action on him because his days are numbered... according to what I understand inthe wiki anyways.

Finally, don't think I don't know who the lurkers are. As scum as axum is he kindly poited a few out.

Oooh, juicy!  Contrary to my earler speculation as I just detailed to prof, it's at least hypothetically possible that because this is a bomb and not actually poison, he has to push a detonator or something, i.e. be alive, for prof to actually die.  So if all this is true we might be able to save prof.  Then again, it might be a time bomb. 

Considering the lack of or delayed flips in this game, I want to hear axum's defense before we all get on this like white on rice. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

Don't fudge it.

1. If the "rainbow bomb" is actually a third kill attempt
2. SK poisoner and the bomb will go off toNight or toMorrow morning.
3. I don't get the feeling prof is lying, but I'm not sure his interpretation is the correct one.

You've actually said 3 things about the bomb.

1. Wondering if it's an SK
2. That it's actually a poisoner, and has yet to go off, or won't go off til another day
3. that I'm somehow mistaking something, or that there is some kind of mistake somewhere

To me, with what I have in the quicktopic, I mean, listening to you... it's like you know more about it than I do. Which to me is weird because it's my quicktopic and not yours.

I don't know if I'm explaining this properly. When I read your posts about it, you act like you know more, or that I'm somehow wrong. That seems odd to me, bc it should be only me and the bomber who know anything.

This is the fact (true or not) that you have told us:
1.  A "rainbow bomb" was attached to you last night. 

This is your speculation about it: 
1.  It was  a kill attempt.
2.  Something stopped it from killing you last night. 

This is my speculation about it: 
1.  It might not be a kill attempt. 
2.  If it was a kill attempt, it was a poisoner SK and you will die of the goddam poison unless there's a poison doctor in the game because that is how the poisoner role works. 

My "point 3" in your post is really just me pointing out that your speculation is speculation, unless you have held back information that makes it more than speculation, or lied, etc.  My "point 1" and "point 2" in your post is really just one thing:  wondering if it's a poisoner that is an SK (I don't think it's a poisoner vigilante).  All that extra detail that you are crediting me with "knowing" is basic knowledge of how the poisoner role works. 

P.S.  I haven't said poison enough times yet.  POISON POISON POISON

None of what I said is speculation. You're speculating on my actual info and now calling my own info speculation.
Facts I know: it was a kill attempt
2 It was stopped from killing me

You come in and start speculating against my own factually correct info.

Continue to do so.

Now call my facts speculation.

Like I said, in my own perspective, you're coming off like you think you have more info than I do.

Here are the four posts about what happened before you even said anything ff.

1 Oh just so everyone knows, someone attached a bomb to me yesterday day, but I survived.
The only info I have is that it was not spurge.
2 From what I gather someone tried to kill both linkz and myself night one.
I'm very suspicious of hat.
3 I wasn't targeted last night. I was targetted night 0 when a bomb was attached to me. I didn't say anything yesterday because it was in the quicktopic and seems like it was done close to day end, so someone with a long night 0 submission phase.
4 It specifically said was meant to kill me

theprof00 said:

1 Oh just so everyone knows, someone attached a bomb to me yesterday day, but I survived.
3 I wasn't targeted last night. I was targetted night 0 when a bomb was attached to me. I didn't say anything yesterday because it was in the quicktopic and seems like it was done close to day end, so someone with a long night 0 submission phase.

Did you get notification of the bomb being placed on you before Day One end. If so, can you give us a time when this happened?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

Did you get notification of the bomb being placed on you before Day One end. If so, can you give us a time when this happened?

I was told around 3pm ET on the 12th. I received the notification prior to day end, but I hadn't checked the QT prior to day end.

Thus, I didn't know the bomb was on me until night.

Just a gut feeling, but I believe Trucks' claim. Prof's claim of the bomb came before the Role Cop claim so there's reason to believe he was targeted, though whether or not this clears him is up in the air.

I'd really like to hear Blade's opinion of these events. It doesn't seem like he's been active, and he played pretty well last game.

theprof00 said:

Sorry, I misremembered and foolishly didn't double check.  I stand corrected. 

How do you square the fact that you were targeted N0 and didn't die only because of someone else saving you and the fact that nobody else died after N1?  An alternate-days SK?  Someone keeping silent about being hit and it's a delayed kill like I suggested?  A blocker? 

theprof00 said:

Like I said, in my own perspective, you're coming off like you think you have more info than I do.

My only defense is that you'd think someone who knew what was going on would get the facts straight about what actually happened

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

Sorry, I misremembered and foolishly didn't double check.  I stand corrected. 

How do you square the fact that you were targeted N0 and didn't die only because of someone else saving you and the fact that nobody else died after N1?  An alternate-days SK?  Someone keeping silent about being hit and it's a delayed kill like I suggested?  A blocker? 

My guess was that it was a mafia ability, maybe one time, maybe staggered. I'm suspicious of the fact that they didn't try to attack me last night, so I could imagine that they expected me to die and so didn't think they needed anything extra.