By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 An oral history - Polygon amazing article

Tagged games:

Nintendo: "If you're leaving us, never come back" LMFAO

Maybe that's why we haven't seen mainline FFs on Nintendo ever since, lol! Guess that crushes my hopes for FFVII Remake on Switch.

Around the Network

LOLOLOLOL

Oh Yamauchi :)

Ljink96 said:

Maybe that's why we haven't seen mainline FFs on Nintendo ever since, lol! Guess that crushes my hopes for FFVII Remake on Switch.

That was 20 years ago, Yamauchi isn't even alive anymore. 

FFVII Remake likely is costing so much it will eventually be on everything -- PC, XBox, Switch, maybe even iOS/Android eventually when the chipsets allow it. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Soundwave said:

FFVII Remake likely is costing so much it will eventually be on everything -- PC, XBox, Switch, maybe even iOS/Android eventually when the chipsets allow it. 

In Japan, Final Fantasy XIII is on iOS, so is Dragon Quest X. Bet you didn't know that? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1lFSO6JH8

Granted it runs through Square-Enix's streaming service but still. 

In fact a big part of the appeal of porting FFVIIR to Switch is likely that Square-Enix will easily then be able to port that version to iOS/Android. A huge percentage of Square-Enix's profit now comes from mobile, like it or not. 

Mobile chips will continue to get better and better too, in 2-3 years, yeah you'll probably have 10nm mobile chips that can run even PS4 ports. 

Nintendo are like bitter little girls lol I've heard all the stories xD

Around the Network

Tetsuya Nomura

OK, so maybe I did kill Aerith. But if I hadn’t stopped you, in the second half of the game, you were planning to kill everyone off but the final three characters the player chooses!

Yoshinori Kitase

No way! I wrote that? Where?

Tetsuya Nomura

In the scene where they parachute into Midgar. You wanted everyone to die there!

omg... I'm lost for words

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Soundwave said:
Ljink96 said:

You really want it on the switch don't you xD its so obvious.