By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii gamers - 80% are male and 72% are 12-24

Why don't we just put this question up on the "Everybody Votes" channel?

Around the Network

You should have seen my house last night. Had friends over. 2 small children (3 & 5yrs), and 5 asian females (aging from 25yrs to 60yrs - this includes my partner as well). It was absolutely going crazy - thanks to the Wii. Some bowling, tennis... but mainly Mii creation had them all in hysterics. All I had to do was watch - they were pretty uncontrollable. The young children also managed to play some Wii Bowling - they did ok, although the little one had trouble holding the 'Z' button and releasing it at the right time. They lost interest after a game though, and chased our cats around instead ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Analyst firms are usually pretty good at polling. It's their job. Weezy - congratulations your father is part of the 20%... now what's your point? ckmlb - Adults are considered 18+. So yeah, both polls could be right. As for the Girls going from 30% to 20% it could be because of margins of errors and the fact that the last poll was done months ago.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I demand a "Everybody Votes" question on this topic

auroragb said:
I demand a "Everybody Votes" question on this topic

You can't do that, it wouldn't be fair.

This forum isn't a fair comparison to the actual market. The average Jon Doe doesn't spend hours trolling Sales Charts for fun... that's just us.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
Analyst firms are usually pretty good at polling. It's their job. Weezy - congratulations your father is part of the 20%... now what's your point? ckmlb - Adults are considered 18+. So yeah, both polls could be right. As for the Girls going from 30% to 20% it could be because of margins of errors and the fact that the last poll was done months ago.

Analyst Firms, Market Research and Polling Companies motives are not always about providing accurate data. Whether you're talking about Politics, Market Research or Investing it is very (VERY) important for you to understand the methodology of the poll in order to understand the motives of the firm.

Why is this even being discussed with no source? 100% of people with PS3s and 360s are under 10 years old. That statement is just as valid as this. Neither means crap without a source. Come back with your source then we will talk.