By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Bristow9091 said:
vivster said:

I'm still waiting for someone who takes the time to find a cool system to bring RTS to consoles.

Haven't there been any RTS games for the Wii or using Playstation Move? Seems like they'd work really well for RTS games... I think there's a VR one too, right?

Although I'm assuming you mean something that works with a standard controller.

I was actually pretty hyped when I first saw that tech demo of that RTS controlled with PSMove. Of course back then I was blinded by the hype. While movement controls are cool, it's just not a comfortable option for extended play sessions.

There are currently a number of ways you can use keyboard and mouse comfortably on the couch, so that is still a valid option. Not that any of the console makers give a shit about that option. If I had the option to use KBM I might even be able to check out Horizon, another one of those terrible exclusive games games that locks me out by extremely restricting my options to play it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

You mods really need to do something about OTBWY, every time he disagrees with someone, he flames them by telling them to have a seat, which basically means shut up.

quickrick said:

You mods really need to do something about OTBWY, every time he disagrees with someone, he flames them by telling them to have a seat, which basically means shut up.

or implies they are about to get visited by chris hansen

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

I apply all of my statements to exclusive games to PC games as well. I'd like to see them on consoles too. I'm still waiting for someone who takes the time to find a cool system to bring RTS to consoles. And of course games should be properly adapted to the platform they're on. If your gameplay is solid there should be a way to translate the idea on both consoles and PC and even mobile for that matter. And if console makers wouldn't be so fucking pissy about their peripherals we'd have KBM on there anyway.

When I'm talking about fans it's usually the majority or a significant chunk. I don't think I ever said or insinuated to speak for every single fan. You don't have to be a fanboy of a game to be disappointed that a game you like is not appearing on a platform you own. I don't see how supporting people who like a game to be on a certain platform (e.g. myself) is supporting fanboys.

Your Xbox question actually made a great argument for exclusive games going multiplat. Because if it wasn't for that, I would have never experienced a great game like Bayonetta.

I suppose this makes sense for a person who chooses desperately rooting for a failed prediction to still come true over admitting that the prediction was wrong.

I did say that it's self-explanatory that the majority of "fans" who complain do it because their console of choice was left out; I put "fans" in quotations because a lot of the complaints come under the pretence of being a fan. Sure, there are people who are honestly disappointed, but they are a minority of the people who are vocal about the choice of platform(s).

That's the internet for you. I don't support fake outrage. The people with real disappointment might be the minority in the vocal population but I'm sure as hell they are the vast majority in the silent population. Which is the majority, as we know.

And yes, in some cases I still try to dream. Being a realist or pessimist all the time gets boring. I do believe and hope in stupid things sometimes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kirby007 said:
quickrick said:

or implies they are about to get visited by chris hansen

Lol.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
COKTOE said:

I can never remember her name. She was a mod who was driven to madness by Jega. No?

Tachikoma

CGI-Quality said:
COKTOE said:

I can never remember her name. She was a mod who was driven to madness by Jega. No?

Oh, Jega...... 

As for The Mod - it was Tachikoma and she had a lot of things going on. Incredibly smart, but got too triggered by stuff.

Thanks guys. Don't know why her name always eludes me. Dot, dot, dot. Something you want to get off your chest about Jega? :) I'm all eyes.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

i find it problematic mods don't know widespread memes that cost me 250vg$ and i still haven't gotten that back

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

quickrick said:

I think you're the one who should be banned, for being a sore to everyone and refusing to accept facts. Just take a look at the Global sales thread how everyone was talking about you, not me. Don't say someone as if it's more people. Show me one other user I said that to. It's just you lmao. Let's compare mod history too if you're up for it. Food for thought.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 13 February 2018

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

That's the internet for you. I don't support fake outrage. The people with real disappointment might be the minority in the vocal population but I'm sure as hell they are the vast majority in the silent population. Which is the majority, as we know.

And yes, in some cases I still try to dream. Being a realist or pessimist all the time gets boring. I do believe and hope in stupid things sometimes.

Like I said on your wall, I am now convinced that you honestly didn't know the history of the Bayonetta IP, so there's not much value in continuing this back and forth. I mistakingly assumed that everyone who has been posting on VGC for years is familiar with the topic, but that's clearly not the case. So any aggressive statements you made stemmed from ignorance rather than a malicious scheme to piss off as many Nintendo fans as possible.

I explained it on my wall. In my beginning on VGC I wasn't even as closely involved into gaming as I am now. ANd no, I wasn't even aware that Bayonetta was an Xbox exclusive once. I couldn't even tell you for how long. 

But I still don't know how this pertains to anything that I said in the thread. Even if I had never played Bayonetta until last week and I only ever played the PC port, I would be just as pissed at Platinum that the sequels are exclusive to Nintendo, probably even more. And the weak defenses would still just be as weak. Because the truth is that exclusivity sucks and that will stay true forever. I don't see how people can argue that a game is better off if fewer people can play it.

OTBWY said:
quickrick said:

I think you're the one who should be banned, for being a sore to everyone and refusing to accept facts. Just take a look at the Global sales thread how everyone was talking about you, not me. Don't say someone as if it's more people. Show me one another user I said that to. It's just you lmao. Let's compare mod history too if you're up for it. Food for thought.

Being impartial between the two of you, I'll say you're both pretty annoying at times with the way you approach things.