kirby007 said:

nah hes not he didnt even get the Kimi deserved to lose reference

But what if... I did?! 

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

no i would have been perma'd already

User was moderated - Brett

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

guys he is as much Nsanity as i'm janjaap

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's not really the same. I think it's pretty hard to try and frame Viv's post as "hateful". Also saying my stance is "the less games are exclusive to a Nintendo platform, the better" isn't entirely correct. It would be more accurate to say "the more games available on Playstation AND Steam the better". ie. I'd like to see all platforms lose exclusives, not just Nintendo ones.

Criticising someones decision to make a game exclusive is also very different to criticising someone for the games they buy. One is critical of a business decision, nobody should have any emotional attachement to a business decision, while the other is attacking somebody for the things they like, which people understandably are defensive about.

And also, since you brought it up, neither of those come anywhere near saying that people aren't human and shouldn't be allowed to live just because of their nationality. Trump supporters are one thing (I think more criticism of them is fair since they chose to be Trump supporters, but even then not to the point of wishing death on them), but Russians? There's nothing wrong with being Russian and it's horrible to not only stereotype them in such a negative way solely because of the country they were born in, but to wish physical harm and death on them? Seriously? I brought up the guy that got permabanned for being a Nazi before, and I think that's even worse than anything he ever said.

It's pretty easy to frame vivster's post as trolling, especially when other posts of his in the same thread are taken into account. The term "hateful" was used to describe the mentality of StarOcean and others who expressed their own honest thoughts. Your argument was that vivster should be free to say what he wants because it's honest, but that's a fallacy that I demonstrated with the example of StarOcean. What StarOcean is doing is worse, but the principle is the same.

The correction to your own stance on exclusives doesn't change anything of significance.

What comes with posts like vivster's is a clear implication of criticism for people who like Nintendo consoles and exclusive games, including Bayonetta 2. So the distinction you try to make in your second paragraph is moot. vivster keeps talking about unhappy fans of Bayonetta in the thread, but doesn't acknowledge that many fans were happy that a sequel happened. Lastly, vivster has never struck me as an Xbox guy and that's a box he needs to tick to have at least a somewhat defensible argument.

I don't get your point here. Does the existence of happy Bayonetta fans eradicate the existance of unhappy fans? Or does it somehow make exclusive games a good thing?

My comments are attacks on people trying to portray exclusive games as anything other than suboptimal for the majority of people. Because it's always the majority of people who will not be able to play exclusive games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Did a mod ever get permabanned?

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

I suppose your perception of vivster differs from mine. To me, his level of intelligence is far above the average AFD voter. In other words, he usually knows what he is doing.

I get the impression that you have yet to look over vivster's other posts in the thread because your current assessment doesn't suggest that you read them all. It's not about pushing a ban for him anyway. The topic was inconsistency in moderations. When the post that gets someone banned contains the cause of the reaction in bold letters... well, we are back to the topic where the instigator gets away unpunished. With vivster's posting and moderation history, it's really not farfetched to conclude intention.

Does or did vivster own an Xbox 360?

@vivster: You here? Can you shed light on that question?

I haven't, no. Haven't read any of the posts in the thread other than those linked to in Segata's ban note. What can I say, the thread doesn't interest me and it's now 8 pages!

But regardless of what Viv wrote or his intentions, it shouldn't be hard to react by posting another perspective on it or rebutting the point he's making instead of just calling it a "shit comment". Or hey, just ignoring it completely should be easy too. I think in this case Segata's reaction wasn't bad enough to warrant a ban (regardless of his history), but people shouldn't have carte blanche to react in whatever way they want just because the original comment wasn't deemed worthy of moderation (or even if it was).

I looked at it. vivster's initial comment in the thread was fairly innocuous, and Segata's reply to it was kind of condescending. Segata was on a bit of a rampage before and after the comment that did the deed.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
OTBWY said:

Yes, but only because he thought he was permabanning someone else

I can never remember her name. She was a mod who was driven to madness by Jega. No?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

CGI-Quality said:
OTBWY said:

Yes, but only because he's qualitative and thought he was permabanning someone else!

Can a mod whitelist IP's? Or only the site admin?

COKTOE said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yes, but only because he thought he was permabanning someone else

I can never remember her name. She was a mod who was driven to madness by Jega. No?

Tachikoma

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

I don't get your point here. Does the existence of happy Bayonetta fans eradicate the existance of unhappy fans? Or does it somehow make exclusive games a good thing?

My comments are attacks on people trying to portray exclusive games as anything other than suboptimal for the majority of people. Because it's always the majority of people who will not be able to play exclusive games.

The existence of happy Bayonetta fans means that your blanket statement about fans being thrown under the bus doesn't really hold up. Your statement also contradicts your usual disdain for fanboys because in this instance you side with them. It's self-explanatory that the majority of "fans" merely complain because their platform of choice wasn't and isn't getting the games.

The value of exclusive games is easier to determine when you use the method of turning the tables that I've already mentioned earlier today. You have a habit of bashing games that are exclusive to consoles, but what would be your view if the tables are turned and we evaluated exclusives of your platform of choice, the PC? We can look at examples like Starcraft and other RTSes, Unreal Tournament, World of Warcraft or Age of Empires. Now the question is if any of those games would have been better off if they had been multiplatform games right from their planning stage. What do you think?

I apply all of my statements to exclusive games to PC games as well. I'd like to see them on consoles too. I'm still waiting for someone who takes the time to find a cool system to bring RTS to consoles. And of course games should be properly adapted to the platform they're on. If your gameplay is solid there should be a way to translate the idea on both consoles and PC and even mobile for that matter. And if console makers wouldn't be so fucking pissy about their peripherals we'd have KBM on there anyway.

When I'm talking about fans it's usually the majority or a significant chunk. I don't think I ever said or insinuated to speak for every single fan. You don't have to be a fanboy of a game to be disappointed that a game you like is not appearing on a platform you own. I don't see how supporting people who like a game to be on a certain platform (e.g. myself) is supporting fanboys.

Your Xbox question actually made a great argument for exclusive games going multiplat. Because if it wasn't for that, I would have never experienced a great game like Bayonetta.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

but some people are favoured, you guys had a point