By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Gamemaster and JNK are the same person?

Yes.

Rol, you should write an encyclopedia on the users here.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Most entries would be "wishes he was Rol" if he did it though

in german ofc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Most entries would be "wishes he was Rol" if he did it though

Actually, now that I think of it, we can come up with a VGC wiki if we really wanted to

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd rather be a mod to have control over more context-sensitive moderations.

Take zorg1000, for example. Recently he has been banned twice after having no bans before. The first ban was because he responded to a self-admitted troll, the second one because he mocked an alt account of a guy who has a huge history of trolling. Apply context and you face the question if the right guys are getting protected by the mod team. The same holds true for your moderation as far as I remember.

I don't know if the guy I talked to was an alt, but he was permabanned almost immediately after the incident.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't know if the guy I talked to was an alt, but he was permabanned almost immediately after the incident.

It doesn't matter if he was an alt or got permabanned. If what you told him is a fair thing to say, then that's already enough. But that he got permabanned is certainly favorable for your case.

Well, I admit I was harsh on him though I think a warning was fair, if I got banned I would have been upset though.

Around the Network

Who banned zorg, CGI?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I have not been moderated in about a year I think. I have no idea how I did it. I know there have been times I've received some reminders but mostly on don't quote giant quotes and don't quote someone and say QFT or something. I might have been banned early months of joining but don't remember. Pretty stunned my account isn't permabanned lol. What the hell am I doing right?

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd rather be a mod to have control over more context-sensitive moderations.

Take zorg1000, for example. Recently he has been banned twice after having no bans before. The first ban was because he responded to a self-admitted troll, the second one because he mocked an alt account of a guy who has a huge history of trolling. Apply context and you face the question if the right guys are getting protected by the mod team. The same holds true for your moderation as far as I remember.

Maybe they're finally taking my advice. Pick out the users you don't like who usually are close to breaking the rules but never really do and ban them for the smallest missteps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I was banned because somebody was claiming zelda wouldn't run n 360/ps3 like it was a fact, basically telling people LOL, if they thought it was possible. considering almost every open world ports runs better on 360/ps3 compared to WIIU, so we can't assume, it won't run this till we have a port of zelda on 360/ps3, and claiming zelda can't run on those consoles was ridiculous, and was basically being a fanboy. The funniest part was super boom telling my argument is straw man, when the other person was clearly being that

quickrick said:

I was banned because somebody was claiming zelda wouldn't run n 360/ps3 like it was a fact, basically telling people LOL, if they thought it was possible. considering almost every open world ports runs better on 360/ps3 compared to WIIU, so we can't assume, it won't run this till we have a port of zelda on 360/ps3, and claiming zelda can't run on those consoles was ridiculous, and was basically being a fanboy. The funniest part was super boom telling my argument is straw man, when the other person was clearly being that

Dude don't do this here. This is a good way to start an argument and in the worst thread to do it in. No matter who is right or wrong. Let it go. It doesn't matter.