By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4: The New King of Digital Sales?

Hapuc12 said:

Switch Hardly because they are going with cartridges instead of Discs and switch wont have that much memory(my speculation) for digital games I mean isn't gears 4 like 70 gigs and ton of games go above 45-50 gigs so imo Nintendo hardly in digital department.

But Xbox could,if they change the momentum to Scorpio and for xbox to become the most sought out console and become the standard instead of Playstation,wait for e3 and let's see how they will present the Scorpio.

tl:dr
Nintendo-Hardly
Microsoft if they derail the Ps4 momentum with more savage games and better press.

Its too late.

When Xbox is around 25m, and PS4 is over 50m.

By the time scorpio is out, PS4 will be around 70m units.

Around the Network

When it comes to digital revenues mobiles and PC win.

2015 list of top 10 games in digital revenue per platform:

2016 overall digital revenue per platform:

I buy them because I will never put my credit card or paypal info in the PS Store. Horrible track record
I have no issue putting my paypal into Xbox Store. I have decided to make every effort to go all digital from here on out. I have only bought 4 physical games all year 2 for the PS Pro, and 2 for xbox one. When those games get cheaper digitally I will sell my physical copies off.

"It is more than obvious that nobody can touch Steam when it comes to digital sales numbers."

So why the random title that conflicts with what you started out with?.

Also why not take notice of the digital data from the other vendors as well?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Who was the old king of digital sales?

Around the Network

Playstation does deserve some credit for being the first to push Day One availability in the console market. I remember Ubisoft talking about that during a conference call.

RolStoppable said:
The PS Store is the prefered storefront for buying digital PS4 games?

Oh man, I couldn't stop laughing. 

OT: 

I don't currently game on anything other then Playstation so I don't know about their sales.  

But psn is just godly if you have an American and an EU account.  So many awesome sales to choose from.  

Combine it with ps plus and the digital offering is the ultimate experience.  I love where it's going, because every year the deals get crazier.  Gaming is becoming so cheap for me. 

JRPGfan said:
Hapuc12 said:

Switch Hardly because they are going with cartridges instead of Discs and switch wont have that much memory(my speculation) for digital games I mean isn't gears 4 like 70 gigs and ton of games go above 45-50 gigs so imo Nintendo hardly in digital department.

But Xbox could,if they change the momentum to Scorpio and for xbox to become the most sought out console and become the standard instead of Playstation,wait for e3 and let's see how they will present the Scorpio.

tl:dr
Nintendo-Hardly
Microsoft if they derail the Ps4 momentum with more savage games and better press.

Its too late.

When Xbox is around 25m, and PS4 is over 50m.

By the time scorpio is out, PS4 will be around 70m units.

I'm thinking even more then 70m i would give it 80 tbh if the games that are coming that good chunk of them are criticaly aclaimed.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda shocked about this only because of how many console gamers say the prefer physical over digital copies. I'll admit I prefer digital copies nowadays unless I'm buying a collector's edition.

Birimbau said:

When it comes to digital revenues mobiles and PC win.

2015 list of top 10 games in digital revenue per platform:

2016 overall digital revenue per platform:

This! Also glad to see League of Legends take that #1 spot! LOL>Dota   

Pocky Lover Boy!