By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Angel Love Online Delayed

Angel Love Online Delayed

Q Entertainment published MMORPG won't hit until Summer.

March 31, 2008 - The PS3 has a built in hard drive as standard, making it the perfect choice for the billions of Asian MMORPGs that flood the PC every year. And if things had gone according to plan, it would already have one by now.

But things didn't go according to plan, and Angel Love Online, originally scheduled for Japanese release this past Winter, didn't make it out on time. Q Entertainment, publisher of the Japanese version of the Taiwanese MMORPG, finally got around to announcing a delay today, to some time this Summer. The company cited a need to improve the quality of the game, which is being developed in cooperation with the developer of the PC original, Taiwan's UserJoy Technology.

Angel Love Online got considerable attention at its PS3 announcement last year, as it was to be both the first MMORPG for the system, and the first to use a wholly item-based transaction system. When the game does ship, players will be able to download and play the main game for free, paying cash only to purchase new items.

As part of the delay announcement today, Q also mentioned that PC and PS3 gamers will be located on the same server, and will thus be able to play together.

This delay, and all release dates for the game, concern the Japanese market only at the moment.

IGN Source link - March 31st, 2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like a free (no subscription fees) PC/PS3 MMO and it looks really cute!

Am I the only one who has heard about this???

Around the Network

I've never heard of it. >_>

Um, yeah, not my type of game. Exactly what is going on in that screenshot? Why are people wearing barrels?

SlumsofOhio said:
Um, yeah, not my type of game. Exactly what is going on in that screenshot? Why are people wearing barrels?

They're barrels on wheels!  That's so weird!

I heard about it through rpgfan.com, but that's it. I'm not particularly watching it since nothing has been said about a release stateside as far as I can tell.

Around the Network

Hmm Angel Love that sounds familiar.

I think it was an anime argh.

Probely not raleted anyway.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

I've got it listed in my RPG thread in my sig, but I definitely haven't been following it. Lol, a waste of the ps3's power.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Looks similar to Gaia and Ragnarok Online.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Game looks like its going to be really good

Looks like a fairly decent game. I may check up on this.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions