By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - anyone ski or snowboard here?

do you prefer..?

snowboard 5 50.00%

ski 4 40.00%

both 1 10.00%

root canal 0 0%

Total:10

where do you guys ski or snowboard? how often? can you do black diamond? or double bd?

i want to go to europe to snowboard.... any recommendations also their seasons date?

Around the Network

I used to kite board on dry lakebeds in California using a 300 lb pull traction kite. GPS top speed 60 mph. But thats back when I was a young 40 something. On a mountain board with pneumatic tires. Kind of like a big snowboard.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
I used to kite board on dry lakebeds in California using a 300 lb pull traction kite. GPS top speed 60 mph. But thats back when I was a young 40 something. On a mountain board with pneumatic tires. Kind of like a big snowboard.

is it in death valley? i saw some people doing that there.... 

aikohualda said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

is it in death valley? i saw some people doing that there.... 

Yeah, close to death valley. Just south of Fort Irwin. Three mile long dry lakebeds out there. Also crazy hot in the summer.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

I also did quite a bit of telemark backpack skiing in the White Mountains of New Hampshire in the winters. Nothing sucks more than a weather man saying the low temperature was going to be 0' Fahrenheit that night and you wake up to -20' below zero F. Try taking a mourning leak when your "package" is pulled up into your groin.

Around the Network

Go skiing in Norway

SonytendoAmiibo said:
I also did quite a bit of telemark backpack skiing in the White Mountains of New Hampshire in the winters. Nothing sucks more than a weather man saying the low temperature was going to be 0' Fahrenheit that night and you wake up to -20' below zero F. Try taking a mourning leak when your "package" is pulled up into your groin.

lol i will probably go this year to DV.... 

Teeqoz said:
Go skiing in Norway

would love to! and a chance to see aurora is a plus! when are the slopes open for business?

aikohualda said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

lol i will probably go this year to DV.... 

If you go to death valley do it during the winter. 130'+F is no fun unless you like an oven blast to the face.

I've ski'd a few times before, though I'm not really a fan of it. Absolutely kills my feet for some reason.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).