By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Scorpio Official Thread: New Video On Forza

Vasto said:

Around the Network

So what is everyone expecting? I don't know if MS is going to try for something a little more powerful than the Pro but launching at the same price Pro did, or if they're going balls out with a CPU upgrade and hitting the $500 mark. Neither route would win them the console war, but I'd rather pay a higher price for a truly premium product.

Reading GAF, people are talking as if the common expectation is 6tf at the bare minimum, at least 12GB of DDR5, and a Ryzen CPU all for under $400. Where the fuck are people getting this insanity from.

I'm guessing 6tf, as they've said, 12GB of DDR5, and just a Jaguar CPU, or whatever the step up from that one is, basically a Jaguar at a higher speed, I forget the name of it, for $400. I would be utterly shocked if MS launched another $500 console. Which I guess we won't get that info on Thursday, just specs.

LudicrousSpeed said:
So what is everyone expecting? I don't know if MS is going to try for something a little more powerful than the Pro but launching at the same price Pro did, or if they're going balls out with a CPU upgrade and hitting the $500 mark. Neither route would win them the console war, but I'd rather pay a higher price for a truly premium product.

Reading GAF, people are talking as if the common expectation is 6tf at the bare minimum, at least 12GB of DDR5, and a Ryzen CPU all for under $400. Where the fuck are people getting this insanity from.

I'm guessing 6tf, as they've said, 12GB of DDR5, and just a Jaguar CPU, or whatever the step up from that one is, basically a Jaguar at a higher speed, I forget the name of it, for $400. I would be utterly shocked if MS launched another $500 console. Which I guess we won't get that info on Thursday, just specs.

Do you mean GDDR5 or DDR4? DDR5 isn't due until 2018 to 2019 (depends how soon after the standard is finalised they get it to market).

LudicrousSpeed said:

Exactly, unless it's high price.

LudicrousSpeed said:

I'm expecting a 500$ baby and I'm 100% fine with it if it comes with those specs :)

Around the Network

Lets do this!!!!

I would be shocked if it was five hundred bucks. Not that I'm expecting it to be sold at cost or profit anyway. But, if they went with something $500, I really expect it to be pretty good for a home console.

Tagging

Radek said:
Vasto said:
Nice scarf

Each game better really be native 4K or Microsoft is just lying again.

Cloud power, DX 12, 900p looks the same as 1080p yeah...

But all those things are true. They have proven it.

Radek said:
Snoopy said:

But all those things are true. They have proven it.

Yeah sure. That scarf is a hardcore bait "True 4K" "True Power"

PS4 Pro has some native 4K games, so if you call your console "True 4K' then it betters hits in 90% of games.

Star Wars battlefront 2 was said to hit 4k native on xbox one. If so, 99% of multiplatform games should be able to hit 4k.