By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Soulja Boy is buying everyone $150 Bluetooth earbuds

LuckyTrouble said:
bonzobanana said:
Basic bluetooth headphones in the UK start from just over a £5. Not convinced this is anything other than clever marketing. Also why on earth would you ever want wireless headphones with a portable device. The device is with you anyway and normally wired headphones will never suffer interference, a discharged battery or connecting issues. Just seems like a retro step in quality and convenience

Bluetooth headphones are desired largely because you don't have to deal with the cord. Particularly when walking or running, wired headphones may be knocked loose by the motions traveling from your body to the wire, combined with whatever you may be doing with your phone or player of choice at the same time. As well, when working, if headphones are permitted, a cord is often an inconvenient thing you often have to shift around depending on how busy your space is.

It isn't as if wired headphones are useless anymore, but not having to deal with three feet of headphone wire is an appealing prospect in many situations.

I personally bought my wireless pair exclusively for when I go running. They stay in my ears better, and I don't have to worry about cord motions pulling the buds lose every few moments.

A thin wire seems like no bother at all compared to wireless headphones running out of charge, getting interference, disconnecting etc, remembering to charge them. Seems like they take a couple of hours to charge and only last a similar amount of time for use. Your also paying for all the wireless circuitry in addition to the driver units of the headphones. Personally I'd rather focus on the driver units of the headphones. 

I am a headphone snob though. Can't see the point of listening to rubbish headphones when fantastic quality headphones like Grado are an easy purchase for most people and looked after could last a decade or more.

Around the Network

Just got my tracking number, it will arrive sometime on Jan 3rd. 2017.

I'll let yall know how it turns out

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BraLoD said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Just got my tracking number, it will arrive sometime on Jan 3rd. 2017.

I'll let yall know how it turns out

So...?

it said the expected delivery was suppose to be yesterday, I just checked and it shows that the package just left Texas, and is now in Louisiana. It's no where near New York. lol

Lafiel said:
are these actually $150 quality earbuds or are these $10 quality earbuds with a catchy promotion?

It's this. Producing these buds doesn't cost much, and they're making money with that "shipping fee".

RJ_Sizzle said:
Lafiel said:
are these actually $150 quality earbuds or are these $10 quality earbuds with a catchy promotion?

It's this. Producing these buds doesn't cost much, and they're making money with that "shipping fee".

how do you know? is it the same for Bose earbuds too ?

Around the Network

Yep, avoided the cost

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

deskpro2k3 said:
BraLoD said:

So...?

it said the expected delivery was suppose to be yesterday, I just checked and it shows that the package just left Texas, and is now in Louisiana. It's no where near New York. lol

I also got my tracking number. Left Austin, Texas yesterday morning. Estimated delivery date is Saturday. 

deskpro2k3 said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

I don't know about the Bose, but the markup on these items when they get in consumers hands are pretty high. That's why I think these things aren't really that high of a value like they're being promoted as. They're trying to force a brand so they can sell them as high as they can once this "promotion" is up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3001842/Dre-Beats-headphones-cost-14-make.html

Read for yourself.

RJ_Sizzle said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I don't know about the Bose, but the markup on these items when they get in consumers hands are pretty high. That's why I think these things aren't really that high of a value like they're being promoted as. They're trying to force a brand so they can sell them as high as they can once this "promotion" is up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3001842/Dre-Beats-headphones-cost-14-make.html

Read for yourself.

Same thing with Jorden shoes.

im surprised people would buy these.. just because they say its an 'offer'

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2