By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taiwan students cosplay as Nazis in school anniversary

Lafiel said:
Faelco said:

Half of Asia cry if the Japanese Prime Minister visit a temple honoring the dead Japanese soldiers. But let's celebrate Hitler, nothing wrong with that...

that's because the "evil side" (make no mistake, they absolutely commited several grave atrocities) of the asian part of WW2 was Japan and not the Nazis

obviously it's ironic they kinda respect Hitler/Nazis considering he/they would think of east-asian people as "subhuman", even the alliance with Japan was out of convinience (as Japan already started fighting with several asian nations and the Udssr) and not out of respect

Oh, don't worry, I know what Japan did during WW2, I just find it ironic to cry about evil guys but to celebrate their European equivalent. It's like saying "It's fun when millions of people get murdered, if it's not our country", I don't know if it's ignorance or stupidity.

Around the Network
Faelco said:

Oh, don't worry, I know what Japan did during WW2, I just find it ironic to cry about evil guys but to celebrate their European equivalent. It's like saying "It's fun when millions of people get murdered, if it's not our country", I don't know if it's ignorance or stupidity.

the truth probably is that everybody loves/wants to be the "strong man"

many of the most beloved historical figures were brutal mass murdering sociopaths and that's why they made a mark in history

Biggest shock is how the article delivers more than the headline promises...

michael_stutzer said:
Ruler said:

Why would it be cool? its a disgrace to the millions of people killed.

Do you think all the movies about WW2 is a disgrace as well?  Or games for that matter.

KungKras said:
michael_stutzer said:

Do you think all the movies about WW2 is a disgrace s well?  Or games for that matter.

This

only if its shown in the real historical context or without glorification of nazism. Why do have these schoolchildren a fetish for mass murders?

I guess we are gonna take bad jokes seriously, however tasteless they are.

Around the Network

I've also seen Taiwanese comments responding negatively. For example, one was something along the lines of calling it throwing salt in historic wounds. Another said it was a display of ignorance. All in all, not to far from the comments here.

LOL

StarOcean said:
Is there context as to why they chose Nazi's?

From what I hear the theme of the event was historical figures. The class was picked to do Germany. 

taiwan was part of the japanese empire, allied with nazi germany.

Ka-pi96 said:
S.Peelman said:
We should never forget and should remain as objective as possible when looking at the history, but people that proudly wear these symbols while parading on the streets don't have the first clue what they actually stand for.

Wouldn`t that actually paint the nazis in a better light? I mean looking at it objectively... they killed some people, well... what country hasn`t?

It`s only when looking subjectively at the reasons why they did what they did that you can think `wow, what a bunch of dicks`.

Well... yeah... but, you know what I meant.