By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's working - Nintendo's search traffic volume has increased 60-fold since January 2016

spurgeonryan said:

Well Star Fox was .......not well done.

How dare you.

Around the Network

Yup, NIntendo awareness and marketing are on roll, they are perfectly timing for full Switch reveal and launch.

spurgeonryan said:
spemanig said:

How dare you.

Hey I supported Nintendo and bought it at least and did not return it. REally enjoyed Guard!

Lol, well I hated both, so you're ahead of me!

Plot twist, people are searching up Nintendo wondering why there were no new games for 2016 :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

RolStoppable said:
Jranation said:
Holy fuck! That lead!
And yes! You are sooo right! IT IS WORKING.
So much Nintendo happening right now
- Pokemon
- Switch
- SMR
- Super Nintendo World
- Nes Mini

(...)

You forgot to mention that Nintendo had the most quality exclusives in 2016, based on Metacritic data.

Oh! Didn't know that! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
twintail said:
they have a console coming out, what do you expect?

I'm sure levels of search weren't even that big around Wii U's launch. It's mostly a combination of many things and real excitement for the Switch.

twintail said:
SpokenTruth said:

Sony just had PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro and PSVR hardware launches too.

a re-release, a re-release that is niche, and a niche device that launched after a bunch of other similar devices.

Yes, totally all newsworthy in comparison to a brand new console with a unique way to play games.

I think it was a combination of everything. NES classic, Pokemon Go, Nintendo + Apple partnership, theme parks, Switch... They did right in the marketing department these last months, and brand awareness spiked, obviously. Let's see if Nintendo keeps this momentum in January. That presentation will be really important for the Switch's sucess.

twintail said:
SpokenTruth said:

Sony just had PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro and PSVR hardware launches too.

a re-release, a re-release that is niche, and a niche device that launched after a bunch of other similar devices.

Yes, totally all newsworthy in comparison to a brand new console with a unique way to play games.

I'm excited for the Switch, but let's not pretend that VR isn't more exciting than playing console games on your lap.

That new president of theirs is killing it.

during wii U launch didn't search traffic increase even more then that?