By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo will be manipulating it's userbase when the switch launches.

Saw this comment on youtube and i think this guy blunty hit the nail on the head reguarding the initial switch shipments of just 2 million.

Sjono 21 hours ago

Nintendo is shipping even less Switch units at launch than even Wii U. Sounds like they aren't that confident in the launch of the console

Blunty 21 hours ago

No, that's just another recent Nintendo SHITBRICK ploy... they did it with certain Amiibo, they did it with the Pokemon Go Plus hardware and they did it with the Nintendo Mini... it's called ARTIFICIAL RARITY, and it's psychological consumer manipulation... they ship piddly amounts leading it to be "sold out" repeatedly, and driving customers into FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) which makes them more eager to buy, that feeling spreads... "Oh hey if this think keeps selling out it must be highly desirable and the thing I need to buy!!!"

Consumers are fucking retards... and they KEEP falling for it.

Around the Network

I would believe this only if the amount of units shipped don't fall in line with most other consoles.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

$1000 Switchs on ebay confirmed.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Except for the fact that it's likely them being cautious. Look at the Wii U, they made a shit ton of them thinking of similar Wii like success which then had them having loads of overstock.

So when they make too much, they're arrogant and full of themselves.

They take some precaution, and now they're suddenly doomed or scam artists

You can't win

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
So when they make too much, they're arrogant and full of themselves.

They take some precaution, and now they're suddenly doomed or scam artists

You can't win

Nintendo does.

And I agree with Blunty. Not that I mind. I'll be one of those 2m, which is all I care about.

It could also be that 3DS & Wii U both ended up being overshipped and they don't want that to happen again.

I think it's a combination of both.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

FunFan said:
I would believe this only if the amount of units shipped don't fall in line with most other consoles.

Followin the launch and the first five weeks afetr  of both  the PS4/XB1, they both shipped over 4M consoles, and were still bot actively fully supporting the PS3/360.

Nintendo has even halted production of the WiiU, and have been talking up the switch since 2013...... I don't think having only 2M units for launch is acceptable..... unless of course they are just being cautious. In which case I think they ae being smart.

Nut don't say this is in line with what others did, cause its not true.

I have a feeling they ll undership... and it ll be sold out everywhere.. *sigh*

Intrinsic said:
FunFan said:

Followin the launch and the first five weeks afetr  of both  the PS4/XB1, they both shipped over 4M consoles, and were still bot actively fully supporting the PS3/360.

Nintendo has even halted production of the WiiU, and have been talking up the switch since 2013...... I don't think having only 2M units for launch is acceptable..... unless of course they are just being cautious. In which case I think they ae being smart.

Nut don't say this is in line with what others did, cause its not true.

Xbox One and PS4 launch was in the holidays, the Switch's launch is in March. The Nintendo fans will most likely jump on the console, but I'm not sure it will sell as well as the other consoles for the broader audience. Even a shortage is a lot less important in March than it is for Christmas.