By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

bigtakilla said:

But they play Assassin's Creed IV.... Wasn't that the game we are talking about? I get what you're saying, it will play Nintendo games on a handheld at that resolution, but kind of disappointing home console primary players will have to deal with slightly better Wii U graphics for 5 more years because they wanted to rush a hybrid on the scene. And to think, one of the reasons they delayed the Switch was to give it more power presumably.

The rumor was that it was delayed for software, not hardware.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Volterra_90 said:

I think Skyrim and DS1-3 are achievable with those specs (not sure about DS3 though). That might be their support, nothing more.

Honesly, I'm thinking more along the lines of exclusives now. Like From working on a new Metroid or Bethesda working on Startropics or something.

Bethesda was very vocal about not supporting an underpowered Nintendo system, so that's the only thing that makes sense to me now.

I hope, because there is NO reason to pick it up as a way to play Dark Souls. 

The one reason people may even have considered it (handheld) would be completely off the table. For all multiplats.

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:
So again when rumours die out and truth shows out, the HW is quite weaker than most thought?

Werent most rumors saying it was 2-3 times as powerful as Wii U and isnt this pretty much saing it is 2-3 times as powerful as Wii U?

I dont understand the sudden outrage when it is essentially what we have been hearing all along.

I guess some were expecting more than that.  Although the Nintendo Switch is a hybrid system, it's more of a handheld system than a home console system. To be honest, I'm OK with that because I like their handheld systems a lot.

Captain_Yuri said:

Loll ikr

I will say that it really does show the giant leap the Switch will have when it comes to Nintendo handhelds tho :P

That is the reason why I'm still happy about Switch. It's more powerful than Wii U - when considering CPU only it's a lot more powerful - and we had such great looking games on Wii U already (Xenoblade Chronicles X, Assassin's Creed 4, SM3DW, MK8...) Now we will have better than that on the go!!

I just hope that Nintendo can get their account system right this time. If so, it'll be awesome.

By the way, I have a "lol" (a.k.a 3DS) and I love it. There are so many great games on that little machine that I learned to not care too much about "power".

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:
So again when rumours die out and truth shows out, the HW is quite weaker than most thought?

Werent most rumors saying it was 2-3 times as powerful as Wii U and isnt this pretty much saing it is 2-3 times as powerful as Wii U?

I dont understand the sudden outrage when it is essentially what we have been hearing all along.

I think most were saying on par with Xbone. But there were people like myself trying to calm people down.

Around the Network

If true, this would mean a 200-250 price point which is nice. Power is disappointing but the price should be good.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont see how your post has anything with answer I gave...but that will be enough power in docked mode for Nintendo games running at 1080p, evre info is saying Switch will run games at higher resolution in docked mode, even Eurogamer in this last article.

But that's what it means outside of just numbers. 2.5X Wii U may sound like a lot, but it isn't.

I think its enuf difference that we have similar looking Nintendo Wii U games running at 1080p with some other effect/details.

bigtakilla said:
spemanig said:

Honesly, I'm thinking more along the lines of exclusives now. Like From working on a new Metroid or Bethesda working on Startropics or something.

Bethesda was very vocal about not supporting an underpowered Nintendo system, so that's the only thing that makes sense to me now.

I hope, because there is NO reason to pick it up as a way to play Dark Souls. 

The one reason people may even have considered it (handheld) would be completely off the table. For all multiplats.

No, I definitely would still pick it up to play DS if DS actually came to it.

That just seems really unlikely now.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
If true, this would mean a 200-250 price point which is nice. Power is disappointing but the price should be good.

Lower clocks does not effect on price point :)   Rumours saying price point is $249-299.

haqqaton said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Loll ikr

I will say that it really does show the giant leap the Switch will have when it comes to Nintendo handhelds tho :P

That is the reason why I'm still happy about Switch. It's more powerful than Wii U - when considering CPU only it's a lot more powerful - and we had such great looking games on Wii U already (Xenoblade Chronicles X, Assassin's Creed 4, SM3DW, MK8...) Now we will have better than that on the go!!

I just hope that Nintendo can get their account system right this time. If so, it'll be awesome.

By the way, I have a "lol" (a.k.a 3DS) and I love it. There are so many great games on that little machine that I learned to not care too much about "power".

Yea, I am hoping now more than ever that the battery is at least 5 hours. If it's 3 hours, I think they will have some issues.

And I love my 3ds too... Until my sister broke it T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850