By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

I'm getting it for Nintendo games, primarily. Third party would have been nice though....

Around the Network

So third parties support is less likely now? I think so. If nintendo switch gets skyrim, I imagine it will run at 20fps most of the time. Don't see bethesda optimizing the game properly.

Aerys said:
bunchanumbers said:
Maybe now we can stop pretending that the words Nintendo and Power belong together. Nintendo goes with the cheap and weak route and have done this for decades. This thing will be abandoned by 3rd parties within a year. I hope it was worth it Nintendo.

Well its stilll thé most powerful Handhled console, à good next gen Vita

ddint ninty say its console first, handheld second.  

vivster said:
Imaginedvl said:

Really? Cancelling your pre-order (you unlikely pre-ordered it anyway) for CPU/GPU numbers and you do not even know bout the games and software?
So in both case you would pre-order (or cancel) by knowing nothing about the system basically. Interresting :)

OP: Numbers means nothing for a Nintendo system. Their exlusives do and in the Switch case the portability is also one nice addition and we will see how this plays out but Nintendo will come up with Zelda, Mario (Land, World, Kart, Paper, etc...), Metroid, Pokemon and just milk this baby out :)

Really really not worried at all, the system looks very sexy to me, no matter what are the specs.
I cannot believe anyone really thought the Switch would be as powerfull as the Xbox One or even the Play Station Four... This is really laughable :)

So you aren't allowed to be disappointed with the specs because it has exclusives?

I don't think you get the point...

It is not about being disappointed or not it is about pre-ordering something based on made upunlikely expectations (referring to the power of the Switch being equivalent to the Xbox One or even the Play Station Four); and then being "shocked" and cancelling it because it is not :)

So yes, I really think that it is weird to base your pre-order on very unlikely speculations and even weirder to be that disapointed by it when it comes to be official. And as far as the Switch I would expect people to be hyped for it for the games and the modular hardware and portability... Not the power...

Now, not sure why you are talking about being "allowed" or not. Who is disallowing you to do anything here?
If you need a forum post to allow you or disallow you to do something, it may be a good time to stop using the Internet :)

bigtakilla said:
Jranation said:

Yeah it wouldn't. 

You seem as sure as most people on here were sure Switch would have Xbone graphics.

How did you get that from my response? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
So third parties support is less likely now? I think so. If nintendo switch gets skyrim, I imagine it will run at 20fps most of the time. Don't see bethesda optimizing the game properly.

Why would they even put skyrim on it? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
bigtakilla said:

You seem as sure as most people on here were sure Switch would have Xbone graphics.

Because you seem awefully sure about yourself over something we don't know.

bigtakilla said:
Jranation said:

I didn't even mention XB1 on this thread

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Angelv577 said:

Why would they even put skyrim on it? 

because it was shown in the nintendo switch reveal.  I know it is not confirmed but it is still a possibility.

Jranation said:
bigtakilla said:

I didn't even mention XB1 on this thread

I never said you did. Was using that as a basis of comparison