By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When you check for news on this site, where do you go?

I get my gaming news from...

Latest Stories 6 24.00%

Forums 19 76.00%

Total:25

I go to the main page. I much prefer it to hot topics. I don't see the NSFW stuff, but whatever. I find the main page to be more accurate as to what's "hot" than hot topics. There are old threads in hot topics that are anything but. In a bit of irony, I found this thread in hot topics because the main page won't load for me for the last 24 hours. I have to enter the site through my profile page.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
niceguygameplayer said:
Vgchartz used to have, N4G news. For some reason, they got rid of it! I now go to N4G.com separately.

Yes.  I remembered when I used to lurk on this site, I'd always check out N4G.  But now it seems that everytime someone here posts a news article in the forums, site staff members "copies" the news into the news section.

That's a big claim you're making there.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
LivingMetal said:

Yes.  I remembered when I used to lurk on this site, I'd always check out N4G.  But now it seems that everytime someone here posts a news article in the forums, site staff members "copies" the news into the news section.

To be fair the forums have the same stories much earlier almost every time. All of the news here is just press releases that the forums got from a different website faster than the writing team or news that another site found/posted again which we posted before the writing team.

I go to the Forum Hot Topics on the main page. Then check the Nintendo section of the things I missed.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ktay95 said:
Slarvax said:

To be fair the forums have the same stories much earlier almost every time. All of the news here is just press releases that the forums got from a different website faster than the writing team or news that another site found/posted again which we posted before the writing team.

I won't deny that. Since (I believe) we always need outside sources, we have to wait for others to report news so we can then do the same. The slow process comes from a team effort; I write the report, then someone goes over it and edits it. Most of the time, they also have to change the banner (because I honestly suck at choosing a good picture ). The only ones who can do it fast are William and Machina (editting is unnecessary).

But plagiarising? That's the big deal.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

I follow many publishers and developers on social media, also pages exclusively for a game franchise or entry, such as "Sonic The hedgehog" or "Soul Calibur", so I mostly see updates from them.

I check Nintendo Life almost daily though, I really like the way they report news.

Then I come here, and at the front page I scroll down the articles section and hot topics, I'm not the one to go to an specific forum.

I don't 'check for news' on this site. I check for new stuff, whether that be news or forum activity. I do that by checking the frontpage.