By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor]Breath of Wild cancelled on WiiU

160rmf said:
oniyide said:

thats great! i was reffering to the conspiracy that you seem to think people have against a system that isnt even being made anymore, that makes no sense.

It's not like you have been in all the threads created by users that try to find every single stupid thing to put Nintendo's support on a shame and claim that all fans should feel the same and should hate the company for that.

Links?

Around the Network

It doesn't make sense to release is on the Wii U, but they still went ahead with TP on the Gamecube so it's still possible.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
they got poor Curl on the edge of his seat out here

I was on the edge of my seat 8 months ago. 

I've since moved beyond the stages of denial, anger, and bargaining, and have reached acceptance.

You know, I'm fully expecting a freak out from you if it launches on Wii U at this point :P

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

I was on the edge of my seat 8 months ago. 

I've since moved beyond the stages of denial, anger, and bargaining, and have reached acceptance.

You know, I'm fully expecting a freak out from you if it launches on Wii U at this point :P

If it did, you wouldn't hear anything from me; I'd be banned.

At this point though, I just really can't see it happening. If Nintendo won't even support Wii U for its last six months, I find it hard to believe they'd release a major game on it months after its replacement. Especially given the apparent trouble they're having getting BotW to run well on Wii U. 

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

At this point though, I just really can't see it happening. If Nintendo won't even support Wii U for its last six months, I find it hard to believe they'd release a major game on it months after its replacement. Especially given the apparent trouble they're having getting BotW to run well on Wii U. 

Well I get the idea that you feel they want to quietly shut the door on the Wii U.  But that's the exact reason i think they WILL release Breath of the Wild.  Not releasing it would make the Wii U a huge topic again and cause a ton of discussion and backlash.  Whereas releasing a competent version, even a limited release, would be the perfect way to quietly close the door on Wii U.  I think they will launch it on Wii U without fanfare and just move on.  And as for framerate issues, none of the people who have gotten to play it have said it was anything serious in practice.  And if Star Fox Zero is any indication, Nintendo has been willing ot take hits on performance with the Wii U :P

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Well I get the idea that you feel they want to quietly shut the door on the Wii U.  But that's the exact reason i think they WILL release Breath of the Wild.  Not releasing it would make the Wii U a huge topic again and cause a ton of discussion and backlash.  Whereas releasing a competent version, even a limited release, would be the perfect way to quietly close the door on Wii U.  I think they will launch it on Wii U without fanfare and just move on.  And as for framerate issues, none of the people who have gotten to play it have said it was anything serious in practice.  And if Star Fox Zero is any indication, Nintendo has been willing ot take hits on performance with the Wii U :P

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think the fps issues seen are a big deal at all, it's no worse than a lot of popular games like Skyrim or GTA 5. I can just see the dips being a convenient scapegoat. 

I certainly hope that Nintendo are fearful of fan backlash, but they don't seem to be, given their tendency in recent years to run totally contrary to what they know fans want. I feel like at this point they want to completely wash their hands of Wii U and try to force U owners to get a Switch by holding Zelda hostage.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 is just looking for the excuse he needs for a divorce.

But that's not going to happen. The sheep will be welcomed back to the herd in 2017, Switch purchase included.

You know what, if BotW does come out on Wii U, I probably will get a Switch.

The main reason I don't plan to at the moment is because I don't feel I can trust Nintendo. If they kept their word on BotW, a lot of that trust would be restored.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

You know what, if BotW does come out on Wii U, I probably will get a Switch.

The main reason I don't plan to at the moment is because I don't feel I can trust Nintendo. If they kept their word on BotW, a lot of that trust would be restored.

Then it's settled. You'll buy a Switch at launch because BotW will release sooner and better for it, and because Switch will have new 3D Mario, new this, new that, and more.

He didn't say at launch :P 

And I wouldn't advise it unless the games you want are at launch.  That's always been my philosophy, no matter how neat the hardware looks.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

they could always do digital or even limited print run release. Even I'm finding it hard to believe that they would just scrap the whole Wii U version altogether

Anyways dropped frames is hardly a technical issue, most games drop frames. I've played loads of PS4 games that sometimes run like treacle *cough Bloodbourne*