By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Make Your GOTY Into an Avatar!

Tagged games:

Like to participate, but already found a good Christmas avi so won't be changing it any time soon

Despite barely playing any 2016 games (thank you Nintendo) FE Fates would be my 2016 Game of the Year

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Nice idea. So TLG takes the first spot. It's been years since a not-Nintendo title is my personal GOTY. But, tbh, Nintendo's 2016 was awful. TLG was one of the most beautiful, emotional experiences I've had in gaming. Despite of some control issues, it's an awesome game.

2nd would probably be Overwatch, so it's nice to see some Overwatch love in this thread. Also, ROTR (technically a 2015 game but still...), Uncharted 4 and Pokemon were also highlights.

Volterra_90 said:
Nice idea. So TLG takes the first spot. It's been years since a not-Nintendo title is my personal GOTY. But, tbh, Nintendo's 2016 was awful. TLG was one of the most beautiful, emotional experiences I've had in gaming. Despite of some control issues, it's an awesome game.

2nd would probably be Overwatch, so it's nice to see some Overwatch love in this thread. Also, ROTR (technically a 2015 game but still...), Uncharted 4 and Pokemon were also highlights.

Alright! Another TLG fan!

:D

And it makes sense. I think Ueda is the closest thing Sony has (or had) to Miyamoto.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Volterra_90 said:

Alright! Another TLG fan!

:D

And it makes sense. I think Ueda is the closest thing Sony has (or had) to Miyamoto.

Yay! I guess we won't be alone in this.

And yeah, I think that Ueda is an awesome director. I'd really love that some core ideas that he has in his games were "the usual" in games. For example, telling a story and developing character relationship through gameplay. It's not necessary an over-abundance of cinematics in games, which is usually what games do nowadays (AAA games to be precisely). Each spear I removed from Tricko's body strengthed my love for him, in a way that a cinematic couldn't do. I think TLG is a masterful example on how to tell a story. If the game was more polished (better controls and camera, improved framerate...), I'd be probably talking about a "Game of my life" XD. Still a really memorable experience. I've never had my eyes so open with a plot twist before xD.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'd lean towards any game that marked the person's year the most.

OK, MTZehvor, you heard the man! AM2R is in!

Thanks! As a quick request, could I have the spelling of my name fixed in the spreadsheet? (the h comes after the e)

Around the Network

Hey, that's a cool idea, and one maybe I can get behind. I'd 1st have to make an avi of my GOTY. I'll see if I can whip up something good.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

ktay95 said:

⇐ This One

Thats an awesome pic.

OT: I dont have to change mine but i might find myself changing it soon as im 5 hours into The Last Guardian and loving it so far.

HEMSTAR said:
ktay95 said:

⇐ This One

Thats an awesome pic.

OT: I dont have to change mine but i might find myself changing it soon as im 5 hours into The Last Guardian and loving it so far.

Join us, don't be shy!

Mmm haven't really thought about my goty plus I didn't play a lot of 2016 games this year so I won't join but I'll definitely join next year, I can already think of two games that can be my goty.

Also, I really love my avi and I don't want to change it :P

Overwatch.

Just change my avatar to my boy Mccree!