By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ARK dev: PS4 Pro performance equal to $900 gaming PC

OdinHades said:
Just stop comparing consoles to PCs. There's nothing to gain.

I'm sure there's plenty to be gained for someone who is looking at buying a gaming system and is trying to decide on whether he should build a PC for Gaming or buy a Console.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Mhmm, even then, you can run it at 1080p with max settings with a $700 pc.

Was about to say that you couldn't build that PC for $700....

Put it into PC Parts Picker with a god awful cheap PSU that would probably fry your whole system and was £544.

Then remembered Brexit was a thing and the £ is worthless, thus under $700.

Loll rip UK.

What I will say is having a cheap psu isn't the samething as having a bad quality psu.

The psu that I have picked for example is cheap but it is from a reputable company who has gone through all the compliance nessessary in order to make sure it doesn't explode or fry your computer. EVGA is well known for making excellent PSUs. These days, considering how efficient computer parts have becoming, as long as we pick a cheap psu that has enough watts while being from a reputable maker should be more than enough to handle the pc.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RavenXtra said:
Ark devs talking about performance

Good one.

This is what I thought. Maybe you need a $900 PC to get PS4 Pro level performance and graphics from their game?

Captain_Yuri said:

What I will say is having a cheap psu isn't the samething as having a bad quality psu.

I sorted by price and chose the cheapest PSU that was compatible with the build, needless to say it was not a reputable brand like EVGA.

Edit: Actually just looked again, it was a cooler master. Not HORRENDOUS, but really I like to stick to brands such as EVGA or Corsair.

Barkley said:
vivster said:

You're both wrong -snip- Some may even say anything other than SLI isn't high end.

You're saying I'm wrong but then agreeing with me that is based on opinion and different people have different idea's of what High End is and isn't? :P

Doesn't really change the fact that midrange is not high end. It's definition, not opinion.

If the 970 is high end, what are 4xTitans?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
OdinHades said:
Just stop comparing consoles to PCs. There's nothing to gain.

I'm sure there's plenty to be gained for someone who is looking at buying a gaming system and is trying to decide on whether he should build a PC for Gaming or buy a Console.

I would agree if it wasn't ruler and iNathan making the threads which put PC in a bad light instead of being a fair comparison. Both console and PC have their ups and downs. Console with excellent value while PC with a large number of options but instead, Ruler would rather just make threads that put PC in a bad light cause he needs to justify his purchase I guess?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hapuc12 said:
And this Dev thinks i give a f*** what the setting game runs on or he thinks i care if the game looks purdy i think this guy misses the point of console gaming.
As long as i have Persona 5,Last of Us 2,Gravity Rush 2 to look forward to I'm good even if the games ran on 480p 20fps i would still play or will play the hell out of them.

And yeah maybe in USA,Canada or Uk 970 or 1060s are normal price but in rest of the world those graphics cards are expensive it's not even funny 1070 is 900$ in my retail store.

what country are you from? those prices are just nasty. Even in Australia where we get ripped off on everything you can get a 1070 is 500-600 AUD. Also I challenge you to play any game with movement at 20fps and enjoy it without becoming nauseous, most couldn't, I certainly can't.

vivster said:
Barkley said:

You're saying I'm wrong but then agreeing with me that is based on opinion and different people have different idea's of what High End is and isn't? :P

Doesn't really change the fact that midrange is not high end. It's definition, not opinion.

If the 970 is high end, what are 4xTitans?

You've already stated that what one person may view as high end another person may not, thus opinion.

Some people may consider a four bedroom detatched a "big house" you don't have to ask them "But if that's big then what's a mansion?".

My personal opinion is that a GTX 1080 and above is a high end system, that is my personal opinion/standards.

What a load of crock - 970 equivalent system (either AMD 480 or nVidia 1060) is around $600-$650.

nanarchy said:
Hapuc12 said:
And this Dev thinks i give a f*** what the setting game runs on or he thinks i care if the game looks purdy i think this guy misses the point of console gaming.
As long as i have Persona 5,Last of Us 2,Gravity Rush 2 to look forward to I'm good even if the games ran on 480p 20fps i would still play or will play the hell out of them.

And yeah maybe in USA,Canada or Uk 970 or 1060s are normal price but in rest of the world those graphics cards are expensive it's not even funny 1070 is 900$ in my retail store.

what country are you from? those prices are just nasty. Even in Australia where we get ripped off on everything you can get a 1070 is 500-600 AUD. Also I challenge you to play any game with movement at 20fps and enjoy it without becoming nauseous, most couldn't, I certainly can't.

I'm from Eastern Europe Third world Country so it shouldn't be a surprise but maybe i over exaturated about 20fps maybe 25fps.

I don't become nauseous i played Cryisis 3 on my Asus  laptop 1.6 dual Core Cpu with amd HD Radeon 7470 1gb 4gigs of Ram and beat it,i think i wouldn't get nausea from 20-25fps.

And trust me game was laging still wondering how my Laptop didn't caught fire from all that strain.