By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ARK dev: PS4 Pro performance equal to $900 gaming PC

Vasto said:
Not good imo

Please elaborate on your opinion!

Around the Network

I knew it would be a ruler thread since only Ruler and iNathan only make threads like this.

I think I linked enough PC builds in the past to show how false that is but hey look guys! The price is going down with every new thread! Before it was $1000, now its $900! Eventually we will get to the actual price though.

Also

"30-45 FPS for the regular PS4 (which renders ARK’s environment at either at 680p or 720p depending on whether you have “Detailed Graphics” selected)

On the PS4 Pro, 60 FPS at 720p,or 30-60 FPS at 1080p, depending on “Detailed Graphics” setting."

Jesus Christ! How on earth did they manage that? Specially a ps4 pro running at 720p? Wtf

Just goes to show how badly the game runs but sure.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
I think I linked enough PC builds in the past to show how false that is but hey look guys! The price is going down with every new thread! Before it was $1000, now its $900! Eventually we will get to the actual price though.

Considering the game the thread is about it wouldn't surprise me if it run like crap on a PC that should generally be far superior than a Pro.

But yeah for every game that's not made by a baboon you can definitely build a PC with equivelent performance to a Pro for less than $900.

onionberry said:
Barkley said:

Relatively high, it might not be what you personally classify as high, but to a lot of people a gtx970 would be a high-end machine.

these days a $280 gpu high end?? you're joking right. gtx 1070 would be the cheapest high end gpu right now.

You're both wrong. High end is called high end because it's the highest end. High end on PC currently starts with a Titan X and ends with however many of those you can fit in a single case. Some may even say anything other than SLI isn't high end.

Anyway, the point of my post was calling 1080p at 30fps a high benchmark for games should not be something any dev should ever say. Not in 2016.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
onionberry said:

these days a $280 gpu high end?? you're joking right. gtx 1070 would be the cheapest high end gpu right now.

You're both wrong -snip- Some may even say anything other than SLI isn't high end.

You're saying I'm wrong but then agreeing with me that is based on opinion and different people have different idea's of what High End is and isn't? :P

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Considering the game the thread is about it wouldn't surprise me if it run like crap on a PC that should generally be far superior than a Pro.

But yeah for every game that's not made by a baboon you can definitely build a PC with equivelent performance to a Pro for less than $900.

Mhmm, even then, you can run it at 1080p with max settings with a $700 pc. To match ps4 pro's settings and etc considering it runs at 720p with detail settings, you can certainly make it even less.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fwqmNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2HNvPVXvY

oh and you can get windows 10 for $25 from kinguin and a keyboard/mouse combo from walmart for $10

https://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=windows+10+home

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:
onionberry said:

You're both wrong. High end is called high end because it's the highest end. High end on PC currently starts with a Titan X and ends with however many of those you can fit in a single case. Some may even say anything other than SLI isn't high end.

Anyway, the point of my post was calling 1080p at 30fps a high benchmark for games should not be something any dev should ever say. Not in 2016.

that's if you're just talking about price, high end is referred to the actual and most expensive gpu that can give you 60+ fps with high resolutions. As I said, a gtx 1070 is the cheapest, that would be a low - high end gpu, gtx 1080 a middle high end gpu and those titan x are from high end to premium gpus. At least that's the underground definition that we use. But your definition is correct, high end = most expensive.

Captain_Yuri said:
Barkley said:

Mhmm, even then, you can run it at 1080p with max settings with a $700 pc.

Was about to say that you couldn't build that PC for $700....

Put it into PC Parts Picker with a god awful cheap PSU that would probably fry your whole system and was £544.

Then remembered Brexit was a thing and the £ is worthless, thus under $700.

And this Dev thinks i give a f*** what the setting game runs on or he thinks i care if the game looks purdy i think this guy misses the point of console gaming.
As long as i have Persona 5,Last of Us 2,Gravity Rush 2 to look forward to I'm good even if the games ran on 480p 20fps i would still play or will play the hell out of them.

And yeah maybe in USA,Canada or Uk 970 or 1060s are normal price but in rest of the world those graphics cards are expensive it's not even funny 1070 is 900$ in my retail store.

Just stop comparing consoles to PCs. There's nothing to gain.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.